We are here to agree that chasing sunsets should be a full-time job.
Not that it only takes a lot of effort, but it would be the best possible job that a person such as yourself and I could have, right?
So, my dear sunset lover, I made a list of beautiful sunset quotes, in order to embrace our gratitude for this beautiful gift of nature, as well as to make some great captions for Instagram or any other social media!
10 Best Sunset Quotes
1. “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” ― George R.R. Martin
2. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” ― Jo Walton
3. “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color — oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples…” ― Anna Godbersen, The Luxe
4. “Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” ― C. JoyBell C.
5. “Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” ― Roman Payne
6. “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” ― Crystal Woods, Write like no one is reading
7. “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” ― Mia Kirshner, I Live Here
8. “Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
9. “And though I came to forget or regret all I have ever done, yet I would remember that once I saw the dragons aloft on the wind at sunset above the western isles; and I would be content.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Farthest Shore
10. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” ― Richie Norton
20 Meaningful And Short Sunset Quotes
1. “The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower.” ― Roberto Bolaño, 2666
2. “Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3. “Can you see the sunset real good on the West side? You can see it on the East side too.” ― S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
4. “…she remembered watching a summer sunset from this very spot. Not so long ago; just a lifetime.” ― Sharon Kay Penman, When Christ and His Saints Slept
5. “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” ― G.K. Chesterton
6. “In silence the three of them looked at the sunset and thought about God.” ― Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy-Tacy and Tib
7. “the redness had seeped from the day and night was arranging herself around us. Cooling things down, staining and dyeing the evening purple and blue black.” ― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
8. “A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.” ― Claude Debussy
9. “The sun is setting in a burnt orange sky; the cliffs are black silhouettes; the sea, liquid silver.” ― Laura Treacy Bentley, The Silver Tattoo
10. “Disappear for a while! Let the people miss you! And this is what the sun does with the sunset! When you reappear, you are much loved!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
11. “Raymond, baby. Look. The sunset. It’s blushing.” ― Yomna Ibrahim, Conversations I Have of Her
12. “The sun goes down on the sky and makes her cloudy cheeks blush red with passion.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
13. “When the sun is about to rise, I leave from the apartment I stay in. When the sun is about to set, I return back to the apartment I stay in.” ― Avijeet Das
14. “And then somewhere along the shore of a distant Sunset, she tumbled across her soul, and gently Life walked in.” ― Debatrayee Banerjee
15. “The sunsets we experience with people we care about are the most beautiful.” ― Shree Shambav, Life Changing Journey – 365 Inspirational Quotes – Series – I
16. “A late shine is a predicted short time.” ― Ben Jr Grey
17. “And the sunset still stirs in my heart a longing for worlds that I don’t know and may never know.” ― Ahmed Salah Al-Mahdi
18. “Light is life.” ― Steven Magee, Hypoxia, Mental Illness & Chronic Fatigue
19. “You say we worship the sun; so do you.” ― Tertullian
20. “You know,” I say, “every sunset is a sunrise somewhere else.”
“Is that another metaphor?”
I grin. “Yes, but it is also true.” ― Julia Tilson, Coincident
20 Inspiring Sunset Quotes
1. “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” ― Elbert Hubbard
2. “Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
Each day is born with a sunrise
and ends in a sunset, the same way we
open our eyes to see the light,
and close them to hear the dark.
You have no control over
how your story begins or ends.
But by now, you should know that
all things have an ending.
Every spark returns to darkness.
Every sound returns to silence.
And every flower returns to sleep
with the earth.
The journey of the sun
and moon is predictable.
is your ultimate
ART.” ― Suzy Kassem
4. “Orange? Like Effie’s hair?” I say.
“A bit more muted,” he says. “More like sunset.” ― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
5. “This is my favorite time of the day. Light and dark touch for a few moments. […] I used to wish dusk would last longer, but its quickness seems to add to making it special.” ― Regina McBride, The Nature of Water and Air
6. “Live to revel in just another twilight. Life may sink and disappear along with the sunset never to rise again” ― Munia Khan
7. “To leave out beautiful sunsets is the secret of good taste.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
8. “The sun tells the best joke of a day full of them, setting so spectacularly that you can almost smell the tropical paradise lazing somewhere over this rim of endless, gray socialist towers. Miles of square windows explode orange, red, and purple, like a million TV sets broadcasting the apocalypse. Clouds unspool. The sky drains of birds.” ― Tod Wodicka, All Shall Be Well; And All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well
9. “Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquility to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.” ― Somya Kedia
10. “What are we to do about the cliched beauty of an ostentatious sunset?” ― John Green, The Anthropocene Reviewed
11. “Sometimes a whole day is very boring, then the sunset comes on the scene and adds such a wonderful colour to that boring day that everything that seemed boring to you that day is erased from your memory!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
12. “The sun has disappeared, and the light there still is, is left in the atmosphere enclosed by the gloomy mist as pools are left by the receding tide. Through the sand the water slips, and through the mist the light glides away. (Haunts of the Lapwing: I. Winter)” ― Richard Jefferies, Jefferies’ England: Nature Essays by Richard Jefferies
13. “Still, I mustn’t grumble: I have more friends than enemies and there are moments when I am almost glad to be alive — when I watch the sun set and the moon rise, or see snow on mountain tops.” ― Fred Uhlman, Reunion
14. “If you think that I did nothing today, just watched the sunset, you are wrong because there is a magic in the sunset that touches the depths of your soul, which takes you away from your simple problems and takes you to a deeper place!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
15. “Let the sun set, let the darkness fall, do not be afraid, as long as the sun does not set in your mind!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
16. “If there was a place in the world where the sun never sets, would you want to go and live there? If you don’t have such a boring soul that you can easily give up on the splendour and excitement of sunsets and sunrises, your answer will definitely be ‘no’!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
17. “Seek out the things on the edge, the things in balance. There’s a reason why we see beauty in the sunrise and the sunset, in the change of the seasons, and where the land meets the sea.” ― Kevin A. Kuhn, Do You Realize?
18. “I am made up of light and shadows. I am both mother & inner child. Healing and evolving. I run with the wolves and dive deep with salty sea queens. I am captivated by fiery skies and phases of the moon. I am her and she is me. Together we are wise, wild and free.” ― Ríonach
19. “Sunrises and sunsets denote beginnings and ends. Very few see a sunrise but crowds gather for a sunset. Such is life. Very few have the courage to start, but everyone loves to join the party when you succeed.” ― Richie Norton
20. “Sometimes the sun sets so beautifully that one wants neither night nor day anymore, but only that magical sunset twilight moment!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
20 Beautiful Sunset Quotes That Represent Hope And New Beginnings
1. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ― Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds
2. “Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries.” ― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
3. “A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. And dusk crept over the sky from the eastern horizon, and darkness crept over the land from the east.” ― John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath
4. “This land, although not my native land,
Will be remembered forever.
And the sea’s lightly iced,
The sand on the bottom is whiter than chalk,
The air is heady, like wine,
And the rosy body of the pines
Is naked in the sunset hour.
And the sunset itself on such waves of ether
That I just can’t comprehend
Whether it is the end of the day, the end of the world,
Or the mystery of mysteries in me again.” ― Anna Akhmatova, The Complete Poems of Anna Akhmatova
5. “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” ― Ram Charan
6.“I don’t know how long we stay that way, but we watch the sun go down together. The giant, burnt-orange sphere sinks towards the horizon, coloring the rock layers until it’s gone and the canyon is covered in shadow.” ― Jennifer Salvato Doktorski, How My Summer Went Up in Flames
7. “SONG OF SUNSET ON THE RIVER
A strip of water’s spread in the setting sun,
Half the river’s emerald, half is red.
I love the third night of the ninth month,
The dew is like pearl; the moon like a bow.” ― Bai Juyi
8. “During winter sunsets, standing on a promontory so I saw the scenic sea as a surface rather than a line and, as coal-boats appeared from all sides of the horizon, I thought that, as they opened their portholes, they would throw their coals onto this fire. They swarmed over the ocean like blowflies ready to devour the decomposed star, and the blank gesture of a cloud fanned them.” ― Georges Limbour
9. “Sunsets and mirrors are great for looking back, but our love belongs to the sunrise. Let the orange glow over The Ozarks fade into the deep blue mystery that is our romance.” ― Jarod Kintz, There are Two Typos of People in This World: Those Who Can Edit and Those Who Can’t
10. “Every sunset is the flirtation between the day and the night. Their romance is the original love story.” ― Jarod Kintz, There are Two Typos of People in This World: Those Who Can Edit and Those Who Can’t
11. “how many more sunsets
do i have to miss
how many more lovers
should i betray
to get a foothold in this life?” ― Hanna Abi Akl, Memory
12. “Sometimes you wait with excitement for the sun to rise in the morning, sometimes you wait with hope for the sun to set in the evening because you always want something happen according to your feelings, fortunately the sun does not rise and set according to her feelings!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
13. “Her life was no more than a series of glorious sunrises and sunsets.” ― Virginia Alison
14. “Just because the sun is setting in your world, do not think that it sets everywhere; just because the sun is rising in your world, do not think that it rises everywhere!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
15. “Life is tough but so are you. A little salt for a sunset, is the virtue.” ― B.K. Sweeting
16. “Sometimes the sunset happens so fast, you get into the dark before you even have time to say goodbye to the day! If you can grasp the speed of time, you will find time to say goodbye to the things you love!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
17. “A day gone is a day gone. As they say, don’t let a bad day turn into a bad year. Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” ― Richie Norton
18. “Sunset is the only therapy I need. There is something magical about it, it makes you feel things. And with every new sunset that feeling is always different. And the beutiful thing is that no matter what you feel, as long as you feel, you are living and that is all that matters.” ― Tadas Petrovas
19. “Just as, in travel, one may miss seeing the sunset because one cannot find the ticket-office or is afraid of missing the train, so in even the closest human relationships a vast amount of time and of affection is drained away in minor misunderstandings, missed opportunities, and failures in consideration or understanding.” ― Iris Origo
20. “A sunset is only half of the story.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
20 Sunset Quotes About Life
1. “I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.” ― Erin McCarthy, High Stakes
2. “my dear, I have nothing to say.
my heart burns
like the evening sky.” ― Sanober Khan
3. “Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.” ― Adriaan Kortlandt
4. “Tonight the sun has died like an Emperor … great scarlet arcs of silk … saffron … green … crimson … and the blaze of Venus to remind one of the absolute and the infinite … and along the lower rim of beauty lay the hard harsh line of the hills …” ― John Coldstream, Ever, Dirk: The Bogarde Letters
5. “Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.” ― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
6. “The man stopped talking and was looking at the sunset.
But what does someone who hates and loves want with a sunset?” ― Alberto Caeiro, The Keeper of Sheep
7. “Mine is the sultry sunset when the skies
Tremble with strange, intolerable thunder:
And at the dead of an hushed night, these eyes
Draw down the soaring oracles winged with wonder” ― Lionel Johnson
8. “The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be.” ― Sajal Sazzad
9. “There can’t possibly be anything more beautiful than Seaside Beach at sunset.” ― Bryn McCarren, Speaking Up for Each Other: A Collection of Short Stories for Tweens and Middle Grade Readers
10. “Call for the grandest of all earthly spectacles, what is that? It is the sun going to his rest.” ― Thomas de Quincey
11. “The sun had already set behind the mountains, and the sky had been drained of color. The trellises of sauvignon blanc flowed down the hill in even rows toward the valley floor. Whatever I was looking for, it wasn’t outside. As far as I could tell, the grapes were minding their own business.” ― Frederick Weisel, Teller
12. “One day,’ you said, ‘I watched the sunset forty-three times!’
And a little later you added:
‘You know, when one is that sad, one can get to love the sunset.’
‘Were you that sad, then, on the day of the forty-three sunset?’
But the prince made no answer.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
13. “But playing your music as loud as you want and coming home drunk aren’t real life. Real life, it turns out, is diapers and lawnmowers, decks that need painting, a wife that needs to be listened to, kids that need to be taught right from wrong, a checkbook, an oil change, a sunset behind a mountain, laughter at a kitchen table, too much wine, a chipped tooth, and a screaming child.” ― Donald Miller, To Own a Dragon: Reflections On Growing Up Without A Father
14. “Sunset on the water ought to be a quiet and easy time, but I guess some people can’t stand a little silence.” ― Carl Hiaasen
15. “Sunset is the perfect time to go swimming because the sun enters the same sea with you on the horizon!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
16. “She said goodbye, and I knew she was setting like the sun, never to see her again. Something inside me rejected the notion of a farewell, holding to the notion that although the sun sets in the sky every day, it will never be night because this moment is forever frozen in time.” ― Rolf van der Wind
17. “Don’t be ashamed to weep; ’tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.” ― Brian Jacques, Taggerung
18. “Sometimes one gets tired of the light, of seeing the truth; wants to rest in the dark; desires to anchor in the port of dimness and hide in nothingness for a while! And behold, the sunset gives him this opportunity, freeing him from the clutches of truth until dawn!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
19. “My dog, Willy, died a few years ago, but one of my great memories of him is watching him play in the front yard of our house at dusk. He was a puppy then, and in the early evenings he would contract a case of the zoomies. He ran in delighted circles around us, yipping and jumping at nothing in particular, and then after a while, he’d get tired, and he’d run over to me and lie down. And then he would do something absolutely extraordinary: He would roll over onto his back, and present his soft belly. I always marveled at the courage of that, his ability to be so absolutely vulnerable to us. He offered us the place ribs don’t protect, trusting that we weren’t going to bite or stab him. It’s hard to trust the world like that, to show it your belly. There’s something deep within me, something intensely fragile, that is terrified of turning itself to the world. I’m scared to even write this down, because I worry that having confessed this fragility, you know now where to punch. I know that if I’m hit where I am earnest, I will never recover.” ― John Green, The Anthropocene Reviewed
20. “Fantasy is what allows us tap into the feeling of the sunset.” ― Lebo Grand
I hope that you have enjoyed reading my collection of the perfect sunset quotes that I have gathered from various online sources.
Cheers to seeing many more sunsets with the people you love!