What makes successful people different from the rest is not their talent or skill, it’s their mindset.
If you want to learn how to adopt the mindset of the winners, these powerful growth mindset quotes will help you.
Today’s article brings you the 100 best and most inspirational growth mindset quotes from different web sources.
I’ve read tons of material and searched far and wide to collect only the most powerful quotes you can use for self-improvement.
Going through all these truly inspiring and eye-opening growth mindset quotes was such an eye-opening experience for me, and I hope you’ll feel the same.
Let’s check out what I prepared for you!
Top 10 Growth Mindset Quotes
Here’s a collection of my personal favorite growth mindset quotes.
1. “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” — Albert Einstein
2. “Always do what you are afraid of doing.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” — John C. Maxwell
4. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” — Thomas Fuller
5. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” — Samuel Johnson
6. “Believe you can, and you are halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
7. “No matter what your ability is, the effort is what ignites that ability and turns it into accomplishment.” — Carol Dweck
8. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
9. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E.E. Cummings
10. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin
Inspiring Growth Mindset Quotes
That was just the beginning. Read on, and you’ll discover more uplifting growth mindset quotes to help you start thinking like a winner.
1. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’.” — Audrey Hepburn
2. “Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” — Carol Dweck
3. “Look for the good in every situation, seek the valuable lesson in every setback, look for the solution to every problem. Think and talk continually about your goals.” — Brian Tracy
4. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” — T. Harv Eker
5. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who had kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
6. “If parents want to give their children a gift, the best thing they can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning.” — Carol Dweck
7. “You don’t have to have a small fortune to achieve your dreams. You simply must overcome the obstacles that get in your way and be willing to triumph over your fear and take a leap of faith.” — Alicia Garcia
8. “Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be, and he will become as he can and should be.” — J. W. Goethe
9. “We like to think of our champions and idols as superheroes who were born different from us. We don’t like to think of them as relatively ordinary people who made themselves extraordinary.” — Carol Dweck
10. “Happiness depends on your mindset and attitude. Happiness is in your mind, not in the circumstance.” — Roy Bennett
11. “When you’re in a growth mindset, what that means is that you choose to see struggle and challenge as an opportunity for growth and for learning and development.” — Chris Bertram
12. “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” — Zig Ziglar
13. “Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can; there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.” — Sarah Caldwell
14. “No matter what, people grow. If you choose not to grow, you’re staying in a small box with a small mindset. People who win go outside of that box. It’s very simple when you look at it.” — Kevin Hart
15. “Success isn’t always about ‘greatness’. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” — Dwayne Johnson
Fixed Mindset Quotes
The first step to success is transitioning from a fixed to a growth mindset.
1. “The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.” — Wallace Wattles
2. “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” — Michelangelo
3. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” — Captain Jack Sparrow
4. “You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” — Walt Disney
5. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake.” — Elbert Hubbard
6. “Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must also step up the stairs.” — Vaclav Havel
7. “The worst bankrupt in the world is the man who has lost his enthusiasm. Let a man lose everything else in the world but his enthusiasm, and he will come through again to success.” — H.W. Arnold
8. “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” — Roald Dahl
9. “When the negative thoughts come – and they will; they come to all of us – it’s not enough to just not dwell on it… You’ve got to replace it with a positive thought.” — Joel Osteen
10. “If we only did things that were easy, we wouldn’t actually be learning anything. We’d just be practicing things we already knew.” — David Dockterman
11. “Enlightenment begins when you change your mindset — from a blaming mindset to a blessing mindset, from a negative mindset to a positive mindset, from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset, from a linear mindset to an exponential mindset.” — Amit Ray
12. “People with a growth mindset believe that they can improve with effort. They outperform those with a fixed mindset, even when they have a lower IQ, because they embrace challenges, treating them as opportunities to learn something new.” — Travis Bradberry
13. “The best way to treat obstacles is to use them as stepping stones. Laugh at them, tread on them, and let them lead you to something better.” — Enid Blyton
14. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” — Charles F. Kettering
15. “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.” — Napoleon Hill
Growth Quotes About Embracing Failure
If you want to succeed, you must overcome the fear of failure. Here are some amazing growth mindset quotes about failing and winning.
1. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Confucius
2. “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Thomas Edison
3. “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
4. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” — Michael Jordan
5. “Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” — Sherman Finesilver
6. “Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” — Samuel Johnson
7. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success.” — J.K. Rowling
8. “My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.” — Sara Blakely
9. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.” — Thomas Watson
10. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
11. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” — The Dalai Lama
12. “It is not the strongest spices that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.” — Charles Darwin
13. “The only thing you sometimes have control over is perspective. You don’t have control over your situation. But you have a choice about how you view it.” — Chris Pine
14. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion”.” — Muhammad Ali
15. “Why afraid of falling? Remember, whenever you fall, you rise even higher than before. Rise and shine!” — unknown
Powerful Mindset Growth Quotes
Next up is a collection of powerful growth mindset quotes. Have a look!
1. “If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” — Frank A. Clark
2. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” — Nelson Mandela
3. “You have to apply yourself each day to becoming a little better. By becoming a little better each and every day, over a period of time, you will become a lot better.” — John Wooden
4. “Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes that reason is you’re not prepared for life today, so just take a nap and try again.” — Nitya Prakash
5. “I am always doing what I cannot do yet. In order to learn how to do it.” — Vincent Van Gogh
6. “The remarkable thing I’ve learned from my research is that in the growth mindset, you don’t always need confidence. What I mean is that even when you think you’re not good at something, you can still plunge into it wholeheartedly and stick to it. Actually, sometimes you plunge into something because you’re not good at it.” — Carol Dweck
7. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” — Maria Robinson
8. “You can achieve anything you want in life if you have the courage to dream it, the intelligence to make a realistic plan, and the will to see that plan through to the end.” — Sidney A. Friedman
9. “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.” — B.C. Forbes
10. “People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.” — Bill Vaughan
11. “I don’t divide the world into the weak and the strong, or the successes and the failures. . .I divide the world into the learners and the non-learners.” — Benjamin Barber
12. “One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.” — Maya Angelou
13. “I won’t just have a job; I’ll have a calling. I’ll challenge myself every day. When I get knocked down, I’ll get back up. I may not be the smartest person in the room, but I’ll strive to be the grittiest.” — Angela Duckworth
14. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” — Harriet Tubman
15. “Success is not determined by your talent, but rather by your ability to pick yourself up after you fall.” — Kirsten Hill
Deep Mindset Quotes
Check out these deep growth mindset quotes below.
1. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
2. “Just because you haven’t found your talent yet doesn’t mean you don’t have one.” — Kermit the Frog
3. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” — Mae Jemison
4. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” — Ben Franklin
5. “If you don’t give anything, don’t expect anything. Success is not coming to you; you must come to it.” — Marva Collins
6. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” — Vernon Howard
7. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
8. “The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year.” — John Foster Dulles
9. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” — Howard Thurman
10. “With the right mindset, we can’t lose, we either practice what we’ve learned, or we learn what we need to practice.” — Noura
11. “Your mindset matters. It affects everything – from the business and investment decisions you make, to the way you raise your children, to your stress levels and overall well-being.” — Peter Diamandis
12. “Because some people see a wall and assume that’s the end of their journey. Others see it and decide that it’s just the beginning.” — Angeline Trevena
13. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” — Jim Rohn
14. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’” — Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” — Jim Rohn
Motivational Growth Mindset Quotes
Here are more powerful growth mindset quotes to motivate you.
1. “A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.” — Ray Davis
2. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.” — Joseph Chilton Pearce
4. “Mistakes aren’t mistakes; they are lessons!” — Israelmore Ayivor
5. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not the attainment; full effort is full victory.” — Mahatma Gandhi
6. “Your mindset determines how you perceive and connect to the world around you.” — Joseph Taylor
7. “Smart is something you become, not something you are.” — unknown
8. “It’s not how good you are; it’s how good you want to be.” — unknown
9. “Don’t tell me how talented you are. Tell me how hard you work.” — Arthur Rubenstein
10. “You don’t grow through successes; you grow through what you go through.” — Mischaela Elkins
11. “Being rich and successful always start with your mindset.” — William Scarce
12. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” — George Whitefield
13. “We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” — Oprah Winfrey
14. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Whatever you decide to do. Make sure it makes you happy.” — Paulo Coelho
I hope these growth mindset quotes have inspired you to face new challenges and leave your comfort zone because success lies outside of it.
Until next time!