One of the worst feelings is loneliness in the company of the person we love. If you’re feeling the same, these relationship lonely quotes are for you.
You probably stumbled across this article because you’ve been searching for loneliness quotes to help you express how you feel, right?
Although I’m not happy you feel that way, I’m glad that I can help you cope with the pain of feeling lonely and isolated with this collection of feeling lonely quotes.
I’ve collected a bunch of love quotes and life quotes that talk about the loneliness within unhappy relationships to help you express what’s happening to you.
If you’re searching for sad quotes about feeling lonely to help you deal with your emotions, you’ll find them here.
These long-distance relationship quotes can also help you reveal how you’ve been feeling if you’re apart from your love.
If you’re looking for inspirational quotes to help you find hope, you’ll be thrilled to discover all the motivational quotes I’ve prepared.
Here’s my collection of relationship lonely quotes.
Check it out!
Top 10 Relationship Lonely Quotes
I’ll start off with the top 10 relationship lonely quotes I find most inspirational. Take a look!
1. “Being alone is scary, but not as scary as being alone in a relationship.” — Amelia Earhart
2. “It’s far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.” — Marilyn Monroe
3. “I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person.” — Oscar Wilde
4. “Companionship is a foreign concept to some people. They fear it as much as the majority of people fear loneliness.” — Criss Jami
5. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” — Michel de Montaigne
6. “I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.” — Albert Einstein
7. “Loneliness becomes an acid that eats away at you.” — Haruki Murakami
8. “My loneliness was born when men praised my talkative faults and blamed my silent virtues.” — Khalil Gibran
9. “If you are never alone, you cannot know yourself.” — Paulo Coelho
10. “The heart was made to be broken.” — Oscar Wilde
Heart Touching Lonely Quotes For Her
If you’re a girl feeling lonely in your relationship, these relationship lonely quotes are perfect for you.
1. “Sometimes the person you fall for isn’t ready to catch you.”
2. “Things are falling apart, and it sucks to see that I am the only one who is fighting for us, babe.”
3. “And in the end, all I learned was how to be strong…alone.”
4. “Being single for a long time is not the worst thing that can happen to you. Worse is when you’re stuck in a relationship where you don’t feel like a priority.” — Lauren Levine
5. “A broken relationship would make you feel more lonely than when you were single.”
6. “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” — Maya Angelou
7. “I’m tired of pretending, I am tired of crying, I am tired of feeling alone, I am tired of feeling worthless. It is time to say no and move on with my life.”
8. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” — Audrey Hepburn
9. “What am I supposed to do now when you seem to have already given up on what we have?”
10. “The worst feeling isn’t being lonely, it’s being forgotten by someone you’d never forget.”
11. “I hate begging for attention, especially from the one whom I’m supposed to matter the most.”
12. “If you’re feeling like the one you love is starting to love you less is probably the worst feeling in the world.” — Mina
13. “Loneliness hurts the most when you are in a relationship, and yet you don’t feel cared for, heard, understood, loved, and accepted.” — Vassia Sarantopoulou
14. “Find company within yourself, and you’ll never spend a day alone. Find love within yourself, and you’ll never have a lonely day.” — Connor Chalfant
15. “The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.” — Mother Teresa
16. “My heart never knew loneliness until you went away. I’m missing you.”
Heart Touching Lonely Quotes For Him
You love your girl, but why do you feel lonely next to her? Maybe these relationship lonely quotes will help you clear your mind.
1. “Don’t ever put your happiness in someone else’s hands. They’ll drop it. They’ll drop it every time.” ― Christopher Barzak
2. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
3. “Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.” — Jodi Picoult
4. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
5. “When you realize that you are, and always have been, the second choice.”
6. “The truth is, you don’t love me, you don’t miss me, you don’t care because if you did, I wouldn’t be this lonely even though we are together.”
7. “It all started as a beautiful plan, we were in love, cared for each other, but you left me alone.”
8. “Nothing helps a broken heart like having someone wonderful give you theirs.” — Rita Stradling
9. “A lonely wife is a husband’s failure. She gave her life to you, and you are wasting that life away.”
10. “If you feel lonely within your relationships, pay attention to this inner warning signal!” ― Doreen Virtue
11. “It hurts the most when the person who made you feel so special yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today.”
12. “I felt her absence. It was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. You wouldn’t need to run to the mirror to know they were gone.” — James Dashner
13. “The whole thing we’ve taken so long to build is falling apart, and it hurts me so much because It seems I’m the only one left behind to keep fighting to keep things in order.”
14. “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.” — Anne Frank
15. “We’re all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding.” — Rudyard Kipling
16. “Sometimes I get really upset about being in a long-distance relationship because I’m always so lonely.”
Inspiring Relationship Lonely Quotes
Check out these inspiring relationship lonely quotes to help you find hope and strengthen you.
1. “If you’re lonely when you’re alone, you’re in bad company.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
2. “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” — George Eliot
3. “Best friends are formed by time. Everyone is someone’s friend, even when they think they are all alone.” — Vera Nazarian
4. “Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.” — Bell Hooks
5. “Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness.” — Mandy Hale
6. “Lonely people tend, rather, to be lonely because they decline to bear the psychic costs of being around other humans. They are allergic to people. People affect them too strongly.” — David Foster Wallace
7. “I have never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude. We are, for the most part, more lonely when we go abroad among men than when we stay in our chambers. A man thinking or working is always alone. Let him be where he will.” — Henry David Thoreau
8. “The worst part of a broken relationship is not feeling the pain of the breakup. It is loneliness.”
9. “Being single isn’t the cause of loneliness, and marriage is not necessarily the cure. There are many lonely married people as well.”
10. “We sometimes think we want to disappear, but all we really want is to be found.”
11. “At the end of the day, I know that I would rather be alone and occasionally lonely and unhappy than in a miserable marriage and lonely and unhappy all the time. I don’t mind being single. In fact, I like it.” — Alana Stewart
12. “A lonely day is God’s way of saying that he wants to spend some quality time with you.” — Criss Jami
13. “Sometimes you need to sit lonely on the floor in a quiet room in order to hear your own voice and not let it drown in the noise of others.” — Charlotte Eriksson
14. “The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.” — Pearl S. Buck
15. ”No one saves us but ourselves. No one can, and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” — Gautama Buddha
16. “Loneliness isn’t about being by yourself. That’s fine, right and good, desirable in many ways. Loneliness is about finding a landing place, or not, and knowing that, whatever you do, you can go back there. The opposite of loneliness isn’t company, it is return. A place to return.” — Jeanette Winterson
17. “We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone.” — Orson Welles
18. “Nobody knows you are bleeding inside when you are feeling alone. Share your pain and let it go.”
19. “Stop looking at the end of a relationship as a failure. Leaving it behind can be a courageous choice – and an opportunity for you to be honest and authentic.”
Feeling Empty In A Relationship Quotes
If you understand what it’s like to feel empty and lonely next to your romantic partner, then these relationship lonely quotes are for you.
1. “I’ve always felt lonely, even if I’m in a great relationship or surrounded by my friends and family.” ― Jenny Lewis
2. “The tragedy of this world is that everyone is alone. For a life in the past cannot be shared with the present.” — Alan Lightman
3. “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. “I am stronger than depression, and I am braver than loneliness, and nothing will ever exhaust me.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
5. “There are two kinds of loneliness: one you feel you are all alone; the other you feel in a crowded room.” — Atticus
6. “I used to think the worst thing in life was ending up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.” — Robin Williams
7. “Once you realize your worth, you stop going easy on those who have always been difficult on you, and you make them pay for it by cutting them off.”
8. “I’ve never been lonely. I’ve been in a room, and I’ve felt suicidal. I’ve been depressed. I’ve felt awful — awful beyond all, but I never felt that one other person could enter that room and cure what was bothering me or that any number of people could enter that room.” — Charles Bukowski
9. “Loneliness doesn’t come from having no people around you, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you.” — Carl Jung
10. “People who lead a lonely existence always have something on their minds that they are eager to talk about.”
11. “If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot. Never, ever insist yourself to someone who continuously overlooks your worth.”
12. “Keep in mind that to avoid loneliness, many people need both a social circle and an intimate attachment. Having just one of two may still leave you feeling lonely.” — Gretchen Rubin
13. “There’s one rule to every relationship. And it’s “Never make the person you love feel lonely, especially when you are right there.”
14. “Pretending to be happy when you’re alone is an example of how strong you are as a person. Take care of your thoughts when you’re alone. And take care of your words when you’re with people. We are all so much together, but we are all dying of loneliness.” — Albert Schweitzer
15. “People may not necessarily say how they feel about you, but they’ll definitely show it. So, always pay attention.”
16. “You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.” — Amit Ray
17. “You could be married and bored or single and lonely. Ain’t no happiness nowhere.” — Chris Rock
18. “All it takes is a beautiful fake smile to hide an injured soul, and no one will ever notice how lonely and broken I am.”
19. “You feel lonely because you are being surrounded by the wrong people, fake friends, fake family, and lovers who don’t actually love you.”
To Sum Up
I hope you liked this article, and found it inspiring and helpful. If you have any more relationship lonely quotes to share, drop them in the comments section below.
Until next time!