If you have a friend or a girlfriend named Brianna and are looking for the perfect nickname to match her character, then you have come to the right place!
Before we check out all the awesome nicknames for Brianna, let’s take a look at where it comes from and what it means.
After that, you will find a lot of amazing and cute nicknames for Brianna.
Origin And Meaning Of The Name Brianna
The name Brianna comes from Ireland and means determination and strength.
It also means “noble” in the Old Celtic-Gaelic language.
If historians are to be believed, this name appeared in the 16th century in Edmund Spencer’s poem, “The Queen of Fairies”.
Brianna used to be one of the most popular names in America, but in the last few decades its popularity has decreased drastically.
Even though it is not currently trending, it still remains in the top 150 names and is definitely one of the most beautiful names for a woman or girl.
Top 20 Nicknames For Brianna
Let’s start with some name ideas you could use for a dear friend named Brianna.
5. Bri Bri
8. Brie Bella
Cute Nicknames For Brianna
1. Bridget Jones — She tried to quit smoking, more than once.
2. Huggy Bear — This has to be one of the cutest nicknames for Brianna, now go and give your bear a hug.
3. Bru — Minimalistic yet fantastic.
4. Bonny — Sounds like the name of a random apple juice. Perhaps you should use it if your girl is as sweet as an apple.
5. Bonne — Simple nickname that sounds good.
6. Anna — Easier to pronounce than the full name.
7. Brie — Brie is someone you have sweet feelings for.
8. Bro — If she is your good friend or best friend even though she is a girl. Call her bro then, she won’t mind.
9. Brannary — Brianna with braided hair.
10. Bunny — A suitable name for a cute friend who is a hot girl.
11. Rianna — She’s not Rihanna; she’s even better.
12. Bugs Bunny — Reminds me of Bad Bunny. Good stage name.
13. Ruby — Red wine is her favorite drink.
14. Annie — Simple but classy nickname that can keep her true name undercover.
15. Rain — She cries a lot.
16. My Baby — OK, we get it, you love her.
17. Brownie — She’s sweet, but be careful, too much sugar is not good for you.
Funny Nicknames For Brianna
Good nicknames often require a dose of humor, so the names in the list below are perfect.
1. Rant Machine — She’s a good friend and a good listener.
2. Mrs. Bean — I’m not saying she’s weird, but she’s not ordinary either.
3. Brandy — When you go out with her, you stay sober. Someone has to.
4. Bunion — Not really the easiest to deal with.
5. Braun — She takes good care of her hair.
6. Branny Granny — I can tell she’s the oldest child in the family.
7. Orb — Well…use this nickname at your own risk.
8. Boring Bri — She’s obviously hilarious.
9. Bananas — Take her to the Bahamas. Seriously, she needs a vacation.
10. Urine — For a girl you maybe don’t like and want to let her know that it’s better she stays out of your way.
11. Weekend at Bernie’s — She is super funny.
12. Bra — Weird, but whatever floats your boat.
13. Runny Nose — She has paper tissues in her purse at all times.
14. Annabelle — If you think this is a cute nickname, you apparently haven’t seen the movie.
Creative Nicknames For Brianna
1. Banyan — She’s a proud mother to dozens of plants.
2. Bryony — This is a name of Irish origin that sounds pretty good. Give it a try!
3. Oriana — Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, aren’t they?
4. Ariana — One of the most famous names around the world, so it’s not bad for a nickname.
5. Baron/Baroness — This one is for a friend who sometimes acts bossy, or is from the UK and has a funny accent.
6. Baby Boo — Adorable name for your girlfriend. It’s also a nice baby girl name.
7. Brienne of Tarth — She’s bold and brave. And probably very tall.
8. Anna Karenina — This one is also very brave, even though she looks fragile.
9. Bran Stark — A truly special person, probably possess magic abilities.
10. Ron — Natural ginger.
11. Binary — Backend developer.
12. Brisket — She’s clearly not a vegetarian.
13. Bella — Like Hadid or Porch, she’s drop-dead gorgeous.
14. Bandana — She probably likes sports or she knows her fashion and often wears a bandana.
15. Brins — Cool and short nickname that sounds good. Perfect.
16. Bric a Brac — She’s the artsy type.
17. Ronnie — Just a great and cool nickname, why not give it a chance.
18. Neuron — Great name for a brainiac, she is probably an engineer or something.
19. Brainy — No need to explain much, this is a perfect name for a smart girl.
20. Brinny — I can’t think of any particular meaning. It’s just cute.
21. Iron lady — a.k.a. Margaret Thatcher.
22. Noob — Definitely the perfect name if she is new into video gaming. Once she masters her skills, she will outgrow this name, which is definitely a unisex nickname.
Best Middle Names For Brianna
Famous People With The Name Brianna
1. Brianna Keilar — Reporter and political commentator born in the land of kangaroos.
2. Brianna Wu — Co-founder of Giant Spacekat; she’s into video games, and computers and she’s also a blogger.
3. Brianna Glenn — An athlete from America who competed in the long jump.
4. Brianna Danielson — You may know her by the name Brie Bella.
5. Brianna Brown — You know her as Taylor Stappord from Devious Maids.
6. Brianna Taylor — A participant in a reality show. She sang on season 5 of American Idol.
7. Brianna Perry — Besides music, she is a good actor too.
First Name For Middle Name Brianna
Sibling Girl Names For The Name Brianna
Sibling Boy Names For Brianna
Variations Of Brianna
Brianna is truly one of the most beautiful female names, and it is hard to find a nickname that is as good as the name itself.
Even though it wasn’t easy, I made you this massive list of nicknames for Brianna for every occasion and every type of person.
Be careful when choosing a nickname, because you don’t want to offend your loved one. Think carefully about whether she will like the nickname you choose for her.
I hope you enjoyed today’s article, stay tuned for more interesting content.
Until next time!