Who holds the power of making a difference? If you ask me, each one of us. Today’s article is dedicated to this issue and, to that end, I’ve collected the best making a difference quotes from various online sources!
If you stick with me, you’ll find 80 encouraging and motivational quotes from different authors and their unique perspectives.
Obviously, we all may sometimes feel like a drop in the ocean when it comes to making a difference in this world, however, it all starts with you. Every little thing matters.
Just keep reading to find your inspiration – I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for!
10 Best Making A Difference Quotes
Here are my 10 most inspirational quotes on making a difference. Let’s have a look!
1. “I want to get the message out that everybody can make a difference.” – Miranda Cosgrove
2. “I don’t want to make money; I want to make a difference.” – Lady Gaga
3. “I think – you know, I’m a guy that – I don’t live on the earth just to walk it. I live on here to make a difference.” – Tracy McGrady
4. “Shame on me if I don’t try to do more with what I have. It would be… a terrible thing to waste this opportunity to try to make a difference.” – Xavier Becerra
5. “The mind has exactly the same power as the hands: not merely to grasp the world, but to change it.” – Colin Wilson
6. “You may find that making a difference for others makes the biggest difference in you.” — Brian Williams
7. “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” — Nelson Henderson
8. “Regardless of whatever I do, I know what my purpose is: to make a difference in people’s lives.” — Tim Tebow
9. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” — Tom Brokaw
10. “There is no greater reward than working from your heart, and making a difference in the world.” — Carlos Santana
You Make A Difference Quotes
Each individual holds the power to make a difference and spread positive vibes, no matter how insignificant you may feel. Why don’t you check out these making a difference quotes that will motivate you:
1. “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.” — John F. Kennedy
2. “If there is richness and righteousness in us, then we can make a difference in the lives of others, just as key individuals have influenced the lives of each of us for good and made us richer than we otherwise would have been.” – Spencer W. Kimball
3. “It’s not about what I SEE for our future, or humanity; It’s about what I DO for our future and humanity.” – Steve Maraboli
4. “There is always light, if only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it.” — Amanda Gorman
5. “If your presence doesn’t make an impact, your absence won’t make a difference.” — Trey Smith
6. “Some people think that you have to be the loudest voice in the room to make a difference. That is just not true. Often, the best thing we can do is turn down the volume. When the sound is quieter, you can actually hear what someone else is saying. And that can make a world of difference.” – Nikki Haley
7. “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.” — Mother Teresa
8. “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” ― Edward Everett Hale
9. “Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference has never tried to fall asleep with a mosquito in the room.” — The Dalai Lama
10. “I think one of the best words in the English language is ‘compassion.’ I think it holds everything. It holds love, it holds care… and if everybody just did something. We all make a difference.” – Michael Crawford
11. “If you cannot feed a hundred people, feed one.” — Mother Teresa
12. “The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.” – Robert F. Kennedy
13. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
15. “Believe with all your heart that how you live your life makes a difference.” – Colin Brown
16. “Each one of us can make a difference. Together we make change.” – Barbara Mikulski
17. “Make a difference about something other than yourselves.” — Toni Morrison
18. “How wonderful it is that nobody needs to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ― Anne Frank
19. “We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in our hands to make a difference.” — Nelson Mandela
20. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
21. “I alone can’t change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” — Mother Teresa
22. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” ― Muhammad Ali
23. “When you believe in what you’re doing and use your imagination and initiative, you can make a difference.” – Samuel Dash
24. “Everyone can do simple things to make a difference, and every little bit really does count.” – Stella McCartney
25. “Each of us can make a positive difference if we commit ourselves to do so.” — Dr. Cornel West
26. “There is no greater joy, nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone’s life.” – Mary Rose McGeady
27. “In this life we cannot always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” — Mother Teresa
28. “No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted.” – Aesop
29. “I think we forget sometimes how blessed we are to be able to help others and make a difference.” – Gautam Rode
30. “Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.” — St. Catherine of Siena
Inspirational Quotes On Making A Difference
“It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.” – Bryant H. McGill
Read more inspirational making a difference quotes right here:
1. “Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.” ― William Arthur Ward
2. “Look to your right… It is the path back home. If you choose, you can take it. It is safe, easy, and comfortable. You do not have to work out or fight or do anything else you do not want to… Or you can keep moving forward. I will not lie to you. I cannot predict what may become of you. It will require a lot of training, hard work, study, and danger. But in the very end, you will know strength. I swear it. You might just become someone who will make a difference in the world.” ― Wesley Chu
3. “Change comes with pain… But this pain later becomes a gain. To explain it well, “no pain, no gain”! Endure the pain and make a difference!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
4. “Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren’t any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn’t be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life’s challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person.” ― R. Buckminster Fuller
5. “No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
6. “Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader, they set out to make a difference. It’s never about the role, always about the goal.” – Jeremy Bravo
7. “What material success does is provide you with the ability to concentrate on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life, but in other people’s lives.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Each of us can make a difference. It doesn’t have to be anything spectacular. Keep the neighbor’s kid while she goes to the store or to the doctor, or befriend somebody in need. I don’t mean you have to take them into your home, but you can find a place for them to stay or see that they get food. You can do an act of kindness every single solitary day, because it’s needed.” — Opal Lee
9. “Always show kindness and love to others. Your words might be filling the empty places in someone’s heart.” – Mandy Hale
10. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.” — Maya Angelou
11. “I have one life and one chance to make it count for something… My faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference.” — Jimmy Carter
12. “It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.” — Mahatma Gandhi
13. “In a society that functions optimally, those who can should naturally want to provide for those who can’t. That’s how it’s designed to work. I truly believe we’re here to take care of one another.” — LeVar Burton
14. “You do only live once, and I feel like if I’m able to make a difference on this planet and make it just a little better than I found it, then I’ve done my job.” — Bindi Irwin
15. “One person can make a difference. You don’t have to be a big shot. You don’t have to have a lot of influence. You just have to have faith in your power to change things.” — Norman Vincent Peale
16. “The world would be a paradise of peace and justice if global citizens shared a common definition of love which would guide our thoughts and action.” — Bell Hooks
17. “Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” — Robert F. Kennedy
18. “I believe that every single one of us, celebrity or not, has a responsibility to get involved in trying to make a difference in the world. Our generation faces many challenges, some of which were passed on to us by the past generations, but it’s up to us to find solutions today so that we don’t keep passing our problems on.” – Shakira
19. “What is Apple, after all? Apple is about people who think ‘outside the box,’ people who want to use computers to help them change the world, to help them create things that make a difference, and not just to get a job done.” — Steve Jobs
20. “We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
21. “If you believe you can make a difference, not just in politics, in public service, in advocacy around all these important issues, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not going to get 100 percent approval.” — Hillary Clinton
22. “We have the potential to help people out of poverty, out of disease, out of slavery, and out of conflict. Too often, we turn the other way because we think there’s nothing we can do.” — Alicia Keys
23. “A joyful rebellion is you living differently not because you’re mad at how things are, but because you are swelling with joy at the thought of how things could be.” — Kid President
24. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “Stand for something. Make your life mean something. Start where you are with what you have. You are enough.” ― Germany Kent
26. “I have a little different definition of evil than most people. When you have the opportunity and the ability to do good and you do nothing, that’s evil. Evil doesn’t always have to be an overt act, it can be merely the absence of good.” — Yvon Chouinard
27. “Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world.” – Alan Rickman
28. “Optimistic people play a disproportionate role in shaping our lives. Their decisions make a difference; they are inventors, entrepreneurs, political and military leaders – not average people. They got to where they are by seeking challenges and taking risks.” – Daniel Kahneman
29. “If you feel rooted in your home and family, if you’re active in your community, there’s nothing more empowering. The best way to make a difference in the world is to start by making a difference in your own life.” – Julia Louis-Dreyfus
30. “You can only make a difference by being different.” – Rick Warren
Brilliant Quotes About Making A Difference
“Little things make a big difference.” – Yogi Berra
Find more brilliant making a difference quotes below:
1. “You’ve got to know what your magic is. How else will you fully share your gifts with others and enrich the world for these precious years that you live?” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
2. “When you see something that is not just, not fair, or not right, you have to do something. You have to say something. Make a little noise. It’s time for us to get into good trouble, necessary trouble.” — John Lewis
3. “No one has a right to sit down and feel hopeless. There is too much work to do.” — Dorothy Day
4. “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. “What you do for yourself dies with you when you leave this world, what you do for others lives on forever.” — Ken Robinson
6. “We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say it’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem, then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.” — Fred Rogers
7. “We can’t just hope for a brighter day, we have to work for a brighter day. Love too often gets buried in a world of hurt and fear. And we have to work to dig it out so we can share it with our family, our friends, and our neighbors.” — Dolly Parton
8. “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
9. “When you encourage others, you in the process are encouraged because you’re making a commitment and difference in that person’s life. Encouragement really does make a difference.” — Zig Ziglar
10. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall
“Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis
Little by little, you’ve reached the end of my collection!
I hope you enjoyed reading these powerful making a difference quotes I collected for you!
Every day is a new opportunity to make a positive impact on the world that surrounds us.
It is you who can change the world. You are not just a drop in the ocean. You have all the power in your hands to do it. You are amazing.
Dear friends, stay tuned for more content like this.
Until next time!
120 Follow Your Dreams Quotes To Keep You On The Track
90 Wellness Wednesday Quotes To Start Living Your Best Life
Wednesday 26th of April 2023
[…] See also: 80 Powerful Making A Difference Quotes To Inspire Change […]