I rewatched The Little Mermaid the other day, and I was as amused as the first time I saw it.
It inspired me to put together this collection of 60 best Little Mermaid quotes to highlight the most legendary moments and remind you that life is the bubbles!
1. “Geez, man. I’m surrounded by amateurs.” — Sebastian
2. “As long as you live under my ocean, you’ll obey my rules!” — Triton
3. “Just be… Just be miserable for the rest of your life.” — Sebastian
4. “Ariel: If I become human, I’ll never be with my father or sisters again.
Ursula: That’s right! But you’ll have your man. Life’s full of tough choices, isn’t it?”
5. “Somebody’s got to nail that girl’s fins to the floor.” — Sebastian
6. “If only I could make him understand. I just don’t see things the way he does. I just don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad.” — Ariel
7. “Boy, what a soft shell I’m turning out to be.” — Sebastian
8. “Gee, you must have really been through something.” — Prince Eric
9. “My dear, sweet child. That’s what I do. It’s what I live for. To help unfortunate merfolk, like yourself, poor souls with no one else to turn to.” — Ursula
10. “You want something done, you’ve got to do it yourself.” — Sebastian
11. “Hm. Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.” — Sebastian
12. “Daddy, I love him!” — Ariel
13. “Triton: Contact between the human world and the mer-world is strictly forbidden. Ariel, you know that! Everyone knows that.
Ariel: He would have died.
Triton: [coldly] One less human to worry about.”
14. “So much for true love!” — Ursula
15. “A girl rescued me. She… She was singing. She had the most beautiful voice.” — Prince Eric
16. “You’ll have your looks, your pretty face. And don’t underestimate the importance of body language!” — Ursula
17. “I’m 16 years old. I’m not a child any more.” — Ariel
18. “I just don’t know what we’re going to do with you, young lady.” — Triton
19. “We just gonna forget this whole thing ever happened. The sea king will never know. You won’t tell him.” — Sebastian
20. “Ariel, listen to me. The human world is a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there.” — Sebastian
21. “I consider myself a reasonable merman. I set certain rules, and I expect those rules to be obeyed.” — Triton
22. “Know him? I don’t have to know him! They’re all the same. Spineless, savage, harpooning fish-eaters, incapable of any feeling…” — Triton
23. “Eric, if I may say, far better than any dream girl is one of flesh and blood. One warm, and caring, and right before your eyes.” — Grimsby
24. “It’s a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies to straighten their hair out. See? Just a little twirl here and a yank there and violee… Ya got an aesthetically-pleasing configuration of hair that humans go nuts over.” — Scuttle
25. “Well, it’s time Ursula took matters into her own tentacles.” — Ursula
26. “She’s got legs, you idiot! She traded her voice to the sea witch and got legs. Geez, man!” — Sebastian
27. “Sebastian: Your Majesty! This will be the finest concert I have ever conducted. Your daughters, they will be spectacular!
Triton: Yes. And especially my little Ariel.
Sebastian: Yes, yes. She has the most beautiful voice. Hmm?
Sebastian: If only she’d show up for rehearsals once in a while.”
28. “I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see ’em dancing, walking around on those…What do you call ’em? Oh… feet!” — Ariel
29. “You are hopeless, child. You know that? Completely hopeless.” — Sebastian
30. “Come in. Come in, my child. We mustn’t lurk in doorways. It’s rude. One might question your upbringing.” — Ursula
31. “Sebastian: Are you sure about this?
Scuttle: Have I ever been wrong? I mean, when it’s important?
32. “This has got to be, without a doubt, the single most humiliating day of my life.” — Sebastian
33. “And there is one more thing. We haven’t discussed the subject of payment. You can’t get something for nothing, you know.” — Ursula
34. “Ariel: I’ve never seen a human this close before. He’s very handsome, isn’t he?
Scuttle: I don’t know. He looks kind of hairy and slobbery to me.
Ariel: Not that one. The one playing the snarfblatt.”
35. “Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?” — Sebastian
36. “Now, the snarfblatt dates back to prehistorical times when humans would sit around and stare at each other all day. Got very boring. So, they invented this snarfblatt to make fine music. Allow me.” — Scuttle
37. “Now, Ariel, I’m telling ya. If you wanna be a human, the first thing ya gotta do is dress like one. Now, let me see.” — Scuttle
38. “When’s it my turn? Wouldn’t I love, love to explore that shore up above? Out of the sea, wish I could be part of that world!” — Ariel
39. “Ariel: All right. I’m going inside. You can just stay here and watch for sharks.
Flounder: Okay. Yeah, you go. I’ll just stay and… What? Sharks? Ariel!”
40. “Yes I have had my share of complaints but on the whole I’ve been a saint!… to those Poor Unfortunate Sou-uls!” — Ursula
41. “King Triton’s headstrong, lovesick girl would make a charming addition to my little garden.” — Ursula
42. “Okay. All right, this calls for a little vocal romantic stimulation. Stand back!” — Scuttle
43. “Before the sun sets on the third day, you’ve got to get dear ol’ princey to fall in love with you. That is, he’s got to kiss you. Not just any kiss, the kiss of true love.” — Ursula
44. “Look at this stuff. Isn’t it neat?” — Ariel
45. “Isn’t it obvious, Daddy? Ariel’s in love.” — Andrina
46. “Isn’t this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. A perfect day to be at sea.” — Prince Eric
47. “You gotta pucker up your lips, like this.” — Sebastian
48. “So long, lover boy!” — Ursula
49. “Eric, be reasonable. Nice young ladies just don’t swim around rescuing people in the middle of the ocean and then flitter off into oblivion like some…” — Grimsby
50. “Well, it’s like I always say, Your Majesty, children got to be free to lead their own lives.” — Sebastian
51. “Don’t be such a guppy.” — Ariel
52. “You’re not getting cold fins now, are you?” — Ariel
53. “Watch and you’ll see, someday I’ll be part of your world.” — Ariel
54. “You gotta bat your eyes, like this.” — Sebastian
55. “She’s out there somewhere. I just… I just haven’t found her yet.” — Prince Eric
56. “We got no troubles. Life is the bubbles, under the sea.” — Sebastian
57. “You want thingamabobs? I’ve got twenty.” — Ariel
58. “I’ve got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I have whoozits and whatzis galore.” — Ariel
59. “It’s a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies to straighten their hair out.” — Scuttle
60. “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake.” — Sebastian
I hope you enjoyed my collection of Little Mermaid quotes and hope to see you again.