Have you been searching for some words of wisdom on the devilish spirits? You’ve hit the jackpot because these are the best devil quotes for Instagram of all time!
Dealing with the devil is an experience all of us have faced at some point in our lives.
To that end, I’ve assembled this great collection of devil quotes for Instagram to help you learn more about the devil and its effect on society.
I’ve collected these devil quotes from a variety of sources on the web to guide you in recognizing evil spirits and fighting against them.
On the other hand, if you want to post some cool Instagram captions about the devil, or perhaps share some pics and selfies in your devil costume on Halloween, I’ve also got you covered!
I’ve included a list of the best devil Instagram captions to boost your Instagram post on the spookiest holiday.
Check out my list of the greatest devil quotes for Instagram below!
20 Best Devil Quotes For Instagram
Let’s start with my collection of the best devil quotes for Instagram that I borrowed from some of the world’s greatest minds.
1. “If you’ve got faith and you believe in what you are living for, you can stand your ground when the Devil’s at your door.” — John Michael Montgomery
2. “For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel.” — Martin Luther
3. “The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist.” — Charles Baudelaire
4. “Oh, I am an angel, though sometimes I wish I was more of a devil.” — Victoria Pendleton
5. “All the cunning of the devil is exercised in trying to tear us away from the word.” — Martin Luther
6. “The devil divides the world between atheism and superstition.” — George Herbert
7. “If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.” — Winston Churchill
8. “Better the devil you know than the angel you don’t.” — Hama Tuma
9. “People … have tried to evoke God or devil to justify them in what their glands insisted upon.” — William Faulkner
10. “Don’t let people disrespect you. My mom says don’t open the door to the devil. Surround yourself with positive people.” — Cuba Gooding, Jr.
11. “Do not be dismayed to learn there is a bit of the devil in you. There is a bit of the devil in us all.” — Arthur Byron Cover
12. “The devil is a peace stealer, and he works hard to set us up to get upset. But we can learn how to change our approach so we don’t live upset all of the time. And Jesus gives us the best example to follow.” — Joyce Meyer
13. “Those who play with the devil’s toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.” — R. Buckminster Fuller
14. “The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in our health, or we suffer in our soul, or we get fat.” — Albert Einstein
15. “Beauty is mysterious as well as terrible. God and devil are fighting there, and the battlefield is the heart of man.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
16. “I mean, the more a man was in the Devil’s power, the less he would be aware of it, on the principle that a man is still fairly sober as long as he knows he’s drunk.” — C. S. Lewis
17. “The cleverest trick of the Devil is that nobody believes in him. It. Her. Well, we have been very stupid.” — Doris Lessing
18. “Man can hardly even recognize the devils of his own creation.” — Albert Schweitzer
19. “O yes, the devil is like a lion with his mouth open, walking about for his prey, but God can bind him.” — Thomas Harrington
20. “If my devils are to leave me, I’m afraid my angels will take flight as well.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
Awesome Devil Quotes For Instagram
Use these devil quotes for Instagram to make your Instagram post more interesting on special occasions like Halloween.
1. “Satan’s successes are the greatest when he appears with the name of God on his lips.” — Mahatma Gandhi
2. “The devil takes a hand in what is done in haste.” — Turkish Proverb
3. “The Devil often transforms himself into an angel to tempt men, some for their instruction, some for their ruin.” — Unknown
4. “An angel seeks chaos while a devil seeks calm.” — Unknown
5. “Many human beings need no supernatural mentoring to commit acts of savagery; some people are devils in their own right, their telltale horns having grown inward to facilitate their disguise.” — Dean Koontz
6. “The devil tempts us not–’tis we tempt him, Beckoning his skill with opportunity.” — George Eliot
7. “In the distorting mirror of your mind, an angel can seem to have a devil’s face.” — Unknown
8. “Be ever engaged, so that whenever the devil calls he may find you occupied.” — St. Jerome
9. “Halloween teaches us that even the most frightful of things can be enjoyed.” — Unknown
10. “Devils are never what we imagine they would be.” — Unknown
11. “Garfield In every man’s heart there is a devil, but we do not know the man as bad until the devil is roused.” — James Oliver
12. “The devil is the best theologian and yet is damned to hell.” — Unknown
13. “A brave man is a man who dares to look the Devil in the face and tell him he is a Devil.” — James A. Garfield
14. “The devil has such beautiful and mesmerizing ways of tempting us.” — Unknown
15. “When the devil is called the God of this world, it is not because he made it, but because we serve him with our worldliness.” — Thomas Aquinas
16. “A devil’s outfit is always on fire.” — Unknown
17. “The devil says I’m out, but the Lord says I’m safe.” — Unknown
18. “The fiend in his own shape is less hideous than when he rages in the breast of man.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
19. “We sin as devils do; we love as angels do.” — Unknown
20. “The world is all the richer for having a devil in it, so long as we keep our foot upon his neck.” — William James
21. “Walk with your angels, but run with your demons.” — Unknown
22. “The good news is there’s no devil. The bad news is there’s no heaven. There’s nothing.” — Kerry Packer
23. “I think the devil will not have me damned, lest the oil that’s in me should set hell on fire.” ― William Shakespeare
24. “The devil’s happy when the critics run you off.” — Unknown
25. “I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong, than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil.” — Malcolm X
26. “Every vice is but a thorn in your life. Each thorn you grow gives the devil some more.” — Unknown
27. “If devils exist, their first aim is to give you an anesthetic – to put you off your guard. Only if that fails, do you become aware of them.” — C. S. Lewis
28. “If you wish to seduce an angel, you must play the part of a devil.” — Unknown
29. “The Devil may also make use of morality.” — Karl Barth
30. “The devil is only a humanist allowing you to have all you want, and asks but only a part of your soul in return.” — Unknown
31. “In all systems of theology, the devil figures as a male person.” — Unknown
32. “If you get down and quarrel everyday, you’re saying prayers to the devil, I say.” — Bob Marley
33. “There are devilish thoughts in even the most angelic minds.” — Unknown
34. “The devil is an optimist if he thinks he can make people worse than they are.” — Karl Kraus
35. “She is the angel that makes even the worst devil feel like he is in heaven.” — Unknown
36. “God removes the sin of the one who makes humble confession, and thereby the devil loses the sovereignty he had gained over the human heart.” — Saint Bernard
37. “I am retiring from all the magic. I have been promoted to become a devil now, you see.” — Unknown
38. “Curwood We are our own devils; we drive ourselves out of our Edens.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
39. “The devil hath power To assume a pleasing shape.” — William Shakespeare
40. “Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love.” — Charles Maurice de Talleyrand
41. “Temptation is a woman’s weapon and man’s excuse.” — Unknown
42. “’The Exorcist’ is the scariest movie ever made. It just felt dead-on real, like you were watching the existence of the devil.” – M. Night Shyamalan
43. “I was lucky because logarithmic plots are a device of the devil.” – Charles Francis Richter
44. “Temptation is the devil looking through the keyhole. Yielding is opening the door and inviting him in.” – Billy Sunday
45. “If you will do what God tells you to do, there’s no person on Earth and no devil in Hell that can keep you from having what God wants you to have.” – Joyce Meyer
46. “Halloween is the devil’s marketing gimmick.” — Unknown
47. “We gain the strength of the temptation we resist.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
48. “Only if you’ve been a devil can you become a great angel.” — Unknown
49. “The devil’s name is dullness.” — Robert E. Lee
50. “Devils can be driven out of the heart by the touch of a hand on a hand, or a mouth on a mouth.” — Tennessee Williams
51. “You never walk alone. Even the devil is the lord of flies.” — Unknown
52. “Atheism and superstition are how the devil segregates his followers into.” — Unknown
53. “If you young fellows were wise, the devil couldn’t do anything to you, but since you aren’t wise, you need us who are old.” — Martin Luther
54. “She lit a fire.” — Lord Huron, “She Lit A Fire“
55. “Belief and faith can never let you lean toward anything devilish.” — Unknown
56. “The devil’s agents may be of flesh and blood, may they not?” ― Arthur Conan Doyle
57. “It was necessary that the Devil should have a representation upon the Earth, as well as God.” — Warren Jeffs
58. “If the devil went about doing a tenth of what he is accused of doing he would be poor from paying the blacksmith for ox-shoes for his hooves.” — Austin O’Malley
59. “The devil lies brooding in the miser’s chest.” — Thomas Fuller
60. “The Devil’s most devilish when respectable.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
61. “I’m pretty, but not beautiful. I sin, but I’m not the devil. I’m good, but I’m not an angel.” — Unknown
62. “It would be absurd if we did not understand both angels and devils, since we invented them.” — Unknown
63. “The way to deal with the devil of obesity and diabetes is literally one day at a time.” — Stephen Furst
64. “Love is familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love.” — Unknown
65. “The devil is actually the CEO of hell. We know that on Halloween.” — Unknown
66. “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” — Anonymous
67. “If you don’t set the tone for the day, the devil will set it for you.” — Joel Osteen
68. “Gossip is the Devil’s radio.” — Unknown
69. “To light one candle to God and another to the Devil is the principle of wisdom.” — Jose Bergamin
70. “When the Devil is not fishing he is mending his nets.” — Austin O’Malley
71. “Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.” — Unknown
72. “Sometimes The Devil is a gentleman.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
73. “When the devil takes God’s name, he becomes successful.” — Unknown
74. “The devil is a cross between a really good used-car salesman and a game-show host, but with a lot more style and charm. There’s a little Cary Grant thrown in there too.” — Ray Wise
75. “Wherever God erects a house of prayer, The Devil always builds a chapel there; And ’twill be found, upon examination, The latter has the largest congregation.” — Daniel Defoe
76. “The devil tempts men through their ambition, their cupidity, or their appetite, until he comes to the profane swearer, whom he clutches without any reward.” — Horace Mann
77. “When you’re in hell, only a devil can point the way out.” — Joel Osteen
78. “The devil ain’t got no power over me. The devil come, and me shake hands with the devil. Devil have his part to play. Devil’s a good friend, too… because when you don’t know him, that’s the time he can mosh you down.” — Bob Marley
79. “The gold and fire in our eyes come from the devil’s love for us.” — Unknown
80. “Beauty and the devil are the same thing.” — Robert Mapplethorpe
Quotes About Devil
Here are some more devil quotes for Instagram to capture the dark side. Hopefully, they’ll make your friends and followers on social media learn more about it.
1. “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.” — Marilyn Monroe
2. “People who cease to believe in God or goodness altogether still believe in the devil. I don’t know why. No, I do indeed know why. Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult.” — Anne Rice
3. “The devil is everywhere under the skin of things, searching for a way into the light.” — J. M. Coetzee
4. “Let us all eat, drink, and be merry, for we all have to become devils tonight. It’s Halloween, after all.” — Unknown
5. “It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.” — Helen Keller
6. “Illusion is the dust the devil throws in the eyes of the foolish.” — Minna Antrim
7. “Everything I was afraid of when I was growing up, I’ve become. I’ve taken on my nightmares, like the devil and the end of the world, and I’ve become those things.” — Marilyn Manson
8. “Honesty is of God and dishonesty of the devil; the devil was a liar from the beginning.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
9. “Temptation is the easiest path to the devil’s bosom.” — Unknown
10. “Angel in black and I recognize the face behind the mask, it’s a devil’s disguise.” — Fleetwood Mac
11. “I am the worst influence. If you can’t handle your vices, then I am the Devil.” — Tori Amos
12. “With God, what is terrible is that one never knows whether it’s not just a trick of the devil.” — Jean Anouilh
13. “God exists since mathematics is consistent, and the Devil exists since we cannot prove it.” — Andre Weil
14. “Love is familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love.” — William Shakespeare
15. “An apology for the Devil: It must be remembered that we have heard only one side of the case. God has written all the books.” — Samuel Butler
16. “We are not angels. Nor are we the devils you have made us out to be.” — Slobodan Milosević
17. “Halloween is just an ad on what the devil has in hell.” — Unknown
18. “Sure I believe in God and the Devil, but they don’t have to have pitchforks and a long white beard.” — Keanu Reeves
19. “Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.” — Ambrose Bierce
20. “It must not be thought that the devil tempts only men of genius. He doubtless scorns imbeciles, but he does not disdain their assistance. Quite the contrary, he founds great hopes on them.” — Charles Baudelaire
21. “Don’t you know there ain’t no devil, it’s just god when he’s drunk.” — Tom Waits
22. “The world is the devil’s hunting ground, and children are his choicest game.” — Anthony Comstock
23. “The biggest temptation I believe is to feel comfortable, to feel like you’ve worked through all of that here on Earth, and are satisfied with this life.” — Nick Vujicic
24“Laughter kills fear, and without fear there can be no faith. For without fear of the devil there is no need for God.” . — Sean Connery
25. “The deadly sins are the easiest paths toward the devil.” — Unknown
26. “The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.” — Johann Kaspar Lavater
27. “I never could understand why we humans had to be pulled into the fight between God and Devil.” — Unknown
28. “Well, demonization itself can help … to provide an alibi. You succumb to the Devil incarnate, and as a result you’re not guilty yourself.” – Hannah Arendt
29. “When you see his horns appearing, you know who he truly is.” — Unknown
30. “The myth about the angel who rebelled against his Lord is the most beautiful of all myths, the proudest, the most revolutionary, the most immortal of them all.” — Yevgeny Zamyatin
31. “Resist the temptation to subject yourself only to that which re-affirms what you already think.” — Jake Tapper
32. “We usually know what we can do, but temptation shows us who we are.” — Thomas a Kempis
33. “When you’re in hell, only a devil can point the way out.” — Joe Abercrombie
34. “Every angel has to have a devil side to himself.” — Unknown
35. “I like to talk to myself ahead of time so when temptation comes, I’ve already made up my mind that I have the victory.” — Joyce Meyer
36. “We must live like angels and produce like the devil!” — Luis Munoz Marin
37. “The Devil can sometimes do a very gentlemanly thing.” — Robert Louis
38. “Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes.” — Taylor Swift, “Cruel Summer”
39. “Come on in, and let’s have a cup of tea with the devil.” — Unknown
40. “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” — William Shakespeare
41. “In wrestling, my mustache made me look more like a villain. A good mustache can give you the look of the devil.” — Jesse Ventura
42. “Temptation has been here ever since the Garden of Eden.” — Jerry Falwell
43. “Fear is the dark room where the Devil develops his negatives.” — Anne Rice
44. “Often the work of the Lord itself may be a temptation to keep us from that communion with Him which is so essential to the benefit of our own souls.” — George Muller
45. “I think the devil doesn’t exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
46. “There’s a little bit of devil in her angel eyes.” — Love and Theft, “Angel Eyes“
47. “Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody.” — Unknown
48. “Clever as the Devil and twice as pretty.” ― Holly Black
49. “There has always been discouragement, negativism, and temptation in the world because of Lucifer.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
50. “Prejudice is but a devilish quality, as is greed.” — Unknown
51. “But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first freethinker and the emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge.” — Mikail Bakunin
52. “We have never heard the devil’s side of the story, God wrote all the book.” ― Anatole France
53. “Good women can be wild too.” — r.h. Sin
54. “I may look at the angel on the outside. Just pray the devil on the inside doesn’t come out.” — Unknown
55. “She was an angel that made even the devil want to get to heaven.” — A.J. Lawless
56. “If a man is not rising upward to be an angel, depend on it, he is sinking downward to be a devil.” — Unknown
57. “Neutral men are the devil’s allies.” — Unknown
58. “Man creates both his god and his devil in his own image. His god is himself at his best, and his devil himself at his worst.” — Elbert Hubbard
59. “The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still.” — Aiden Wilson Tozer
60. “Pride is the master sin of the devil, and the devil is the father of lies.” — Edwin Hubbel Chapin
61. “I believe in the Devil. I believe there’s a God, too. I met God at church – the Catholic Church.” — Trippie Redd
62. “Hell is the highest reward that the devil can offer you for being a servant of his.” — Billy Sunday
63. “The devil doesn’t come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you’ve ever wished for.” — Tucker Max
64. “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.” — Oscar Wilde
65.“The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat.” — Albert Einstein
66.”All my flowers grew back as thorns.” — Taylor Swift, “Call It What You Want”
67. “When a man hurries, the devil smiles.” — Polish Proverb
68. “Evil is the shadow of an angel.” — Unknown
69. “Something wicked this way comes.” — William Shakespeare, Macbeth
70. “Practice like the devil’s cast a spell. Play like an angel has cast a spell.” — Unknown
71. “She’s a devil, she’s an angel, she’s a woman, she’s a child. She’s a heartache when she leaves you, but she’ll leave you with a smile.” — George Strait
72. “I never resist temptation, because I have found that things that are bad for me do not tempt me.” — Unknown
73. “The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came.” — Umberto Eco
74. “When the Devil quotes Scriptures, it’s not, really, to deceive, but simply that the masses are so ignorant of theology that somebody has to teach them the elementary texts before he can seduce them.” — Paul Goodman
75. “A working knowledge of the devil can be very well had from resisting him.” — Flabbery O’Connor
Devil Instagram Captions
Following the devil quotes for Instagram, I now bring you the coolest devil Instagram captions to use for your spooky pics and selfies.
1. Catch me on the dark side.
2. Clever as the devil.
3. Every angel has its devil side.
4. They aren’t horns. They are halo supporters, duh!
5. When you’re a devil, everything about your outfit is fire.
6. Just an angel in disguise.
7. Welcome to the dark side. I’ll be your tour guide.
8. Ditching all that hocus pocus to be a devil.
9. Always match your shoes to your horns.
10. Hey, little devil, I’m gonna make an angel out of you.
11. Well, aren’t you a handsome devil?
12. Eat, drink, and be a devil.
13. Red is totally my color.
14. I am 99% angel, but oh, that 1%…
15. Stay tuned for my villain origin story.
16. Trick or treat yourself to this cuteness.
17. Angel by day. Devil by night.
18. Has anyone seen my horns?
19. The dark side has tricks and treats.
20. Rolling with the ghouls.
21. Being a devil is nice, and still comes with pumpkin spice.
22. What a haunt mess.
23. Traded my wings for a pair of horns this Halloween.
24. Off to the dark side we go.
25. Aren’t I a cute little devil?
26. Be the angel to my devil.”
27. Speak of the devil…”
28. Where are my other devils at?
29. CEO of the dark side.
30. She has an angel’s wings and the Devil’s eyes.
31. This devil ‘fit is fire.
32. Wicked little Angel.
33. Big devil energy.
34. Angel wings are so last season.
35. Hot ghoul Halloween.
36. Offer the devil some tricks or treats. #trickortreat
37. Dancing with the Devil.
38. Do these horns make me look like the devil?
39. The angel within me thrives on the devil within me.
40. Come on in, and let’s have a cup of tea with the devil.
41. Every perfectionist is his own devil. #devil
42. Clever as the devil? No. Cleverer, actually.
43. Raising a little bit of hell over here.
44. I am the devil’s advocate.
45. Hallow-weenies, I am the devil. Bow to your master, you witches.
I hope you enjoyed these devilishly wicked quotes about the dark side!
Now you have this collection of devil quotes and captions, you’ll never be short of a good devil quote for Instagram to share some words of wisdom with your friends and followers.
You also have some cool Instagram captions to share your perspective on the evil side or showcase your devilish Halloween costume.
Until next time!