Welcome to the whimsical realm of Wonderland, where the mischievous Cheshire Cat reigns with enigmatic charm!
In this captivating article, I invite you to dive into the enchanting world of Cheshire Cat quotes. From thought-provoking riddles to witty words of wisdom, these quotes will take you on a
journey through the looking glass, challenging your perceptions and sparking your imagination.
Get ready to embark on an adventure of self-discovery and whimsy, where the Cheshire Cat’s quotes will be your guide through the surreal and marvelous Wonderland.
So, tighten your grip on reality, and let the Cheshire Cat’s quotes transport you to a realm where nothing is quite as it seems.
1. “It’s always tea time.” – Cheshire Cat
2. “I am not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.” – Cheshire Cat
3. “You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don’t forget to use your head.”
– Cheshire Cat
4. “The proper order of things is often a mystery to me.” – Cheshire Cat
5. “I’m stranger. You’re stranger. Together, we are… strangers.” – Cheshire Cat
6. “Visit either you like: they’re both mad.” – Cheshire Cat
7. “And how do you know that you’re mad? “To begin with,” said the Cat, “A dog’s not mad. You grant that?” I suppose so, said Alice. “Well then,” the Cat went on, “you see a dog growls when it’s angry, and wags its tail when it’s pleased. Now I growl when I’m pleased, and wag my tail when I’m angry. Therefore I’m mad.” – Lewis Carroll
8. “Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad. Alice: How do you know I’m mad? The Cheshire Cat: You must be or you wouldn’t have come here.” – Lewis Carroll
9. “Somehow you strayed and lost your way, and now there’ll be no time to play, no time for joy, no time for friends, not even time to make amends.” – Cheshire Cat
10. “No one does [play fair] if they think they can get away with it.” – Cheshire Cat
11. “You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.” – Cheshire Cat
12. “It needs to be purified by someone with evaporating skills or it will fester and putrefy.” – Cheshire Cat
13. “I knew who I was this morning, but I have changed a few times since then.” – Cheshire Cat
14. “‘Who in the world am I?’ Ah, that’s the great puzzle!” – Cheshire Cat
15. “In that direction… lives a Hatter, and in that direction… lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they’re both mad.” – Cheshire Cat
16. “Well, some go this way, and some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the shortcut.” – Cheshire Cat
17. “We’re all mad here.” – Cheshire Cat
18. “How queer everything is today! And yesterday, things went on just as usual. I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning?” – Cheshire Cat
19. “I could hardly afford to lose my head.” – Cheshire Cat
20. “You used to be much more… muchier. You’ve lost your muchness.” – Cheshire Cat
21. “I went to a hunting party once; I didn’t like it. Terrible people. They all started hunting me!” – Cheshire Cat
22. “When the day becomes the night, and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy, and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.” – Cheshire Cat
23. “When you’ve understood this scripture, throw it away. If you can’t understand this scripture, throw it away. I insist on your freedom.” – Cheshire Cat
24. “I’ve always admired that hat. I was wondering… since you won’t be needing it anymore… perhaps you would consider bequeathing it to me?” – Cheshire Cat
25. “A rose is still a rose — even hidden under different petals.” – Cheshire Cat
26. “I really do love that hat. I would wear it to all the finest occasions.” – Cheshire Cat
27. “How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You’re lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few.” – Cheshire Cat
28. “Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?” The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?” “I don’t know,” Alice answered. “Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?” – Lewis Carroll
29. “What happened that day was not my fault.” – Cheshire Cat
30. “The uninformed must improve their deficit, or die.” – Cheshire Cat
31. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.” – Cheshire Cat
32. “You may have noticed, I’m not all there myself.” – Cheshire Cat
33. “Alice: It’s a friend of mine, a Cheshire Cat, allow me to introduce it. The King of Hearts: I don’t like the look of it at all, however, it may kiss my hand if it likes. The Cheshire Cat: I’d rather not.” – Lewis Carroll
34. “The Cheshire Cat: Oh, by the way, if you’d really like to know, he went that way. Alice: Who did? The Cheshire Cat: The White Rabbit. Alice: He did? The Cheshire Cat: He did what? Alice: Uh, went that way The Cheshire Cat: Who did? Alice: The White Rabbit. The Cheshire Cat: What rabbit?” – Lewis Carroll
35. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road can take you there.” – Cheshire Cat
36. “Forgetting pain is convenient, remembering it… agonizing.” – The Cheshire Cat
37. “The Cheshire Cat: Do you play croquet with the Queen today? Alice: I should like it very much but I haven’t been invited yet. The Cheshire Cat: You’ll see me there.” – Lewis Carroll
38. “When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea. And in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.” – Lewis Carroll
39. “The Cheshire Cat: By–the–by, what became of the baby? I’d nearly forgotten to ask. Alice: It turned into a pig. The Cheshire Cat: I thought it would.” – Lewis Carroll
40. “Let your need guide your behavior.” – Cheshire Cat
41. “And no scheme of ours can raise any sort of smile. We rather hoped you might help us save him.” – Cheshire Cat
42. “It’s not impossible, merely unpossible.” – Cheshire Cat
43. Cheshire Cat : [singing] “‘Twas brilig, and the slithy toves / Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: / All mimsy were the borogoves, / And the mome raths outgrabe.”
44. Cheshire Cat : “All ways here you see, are the QUEEN’S WAYS! Alice : But I’ve never met any queen. Cheshire Cat : You haven’t? You ha–VEN’T? Oh, but you must! She’ll be mad about you, simply mad! [chuckles, then rolls over and almost disappears] Cheshire Cat : The moment’s outgrabe… Alice : Please, please! H–How can I find her? Cheshire Cat : Well, some go this way, and some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the short-cut.”
45. “Haste makes waste, so I rarely hurry. But if a ferret were about to dart up my dress, I’d run.” – Cheshire Cat
46. “Why, she simply said that you’re a fat, pompous, bad tempered old tyrant!” – Cheshire Cat
47. Cheshire Cat : “You know? We could make her *really* angry! Shall we try? Alice : Oh, no, no! Cheshire Cat : Oh, but it’s loads of fun!”
48. “There might be some sense to your knocking,” the Footman went on, without attending to her, “if we had the door between us. For instance, if you were *inside,* you might knock and I could let you out, you know.” – Lewis Carroll
49. “Only a few find the way, some don’t recognize it when they do – some… don’t ever want to.” – Cheshire Cat
50. “Every adventure requires a first step.” – Cheshire Cat
Wrapping It Up
In conclusion, these Cheshire Cat quotes offer a glimpse into the enigmatic wisdom and whimsy of Wonderland.
Whether you seek inspiration or a touch of mischief, let these quotes guide you on a journey of self-discovery and imagination.
Embrace the Cheshire Cat’s riddles and find delight in the mysterious smiles, for within them lies a world of wonder and infinite possibilities. Let these quotes serve as a reminder to approach life with curiosity and a sense of playfulness.
As you navigate the ups and downs of existence, may the Cheshire Cat’s words echo in your mind, inviting you to embrace the magic and joy that lie hidden in the ordinary.