Have you been put down so badly that you feel sad and depressed? If that’s the case, I can hopefully help you feel better with these inspiring when someone puts you down quotes!
In the first place, don’t give it too much thought. You know your own self worth, so don’t ever let anyone put you down.
If you are hanging out with people who never miss a chance to put you down, stop spending time with them. They are not your friends and they are not worth the time.
Putting people down is an awful way to treat them. It just shows what that person is really like inside.
I have prepared these when someone puts you down quotes in the hope that you will find motivation to bounce back and move on in them.
Let’s take a look!
Top 20 When Someone Puts You Down Quotes
These are my favorite when someone puts you down quotes!
1. “No matter how hard you work to bring yourself up, there’s someone out there working just as hard, to put you down.” — Dr. Dre
2. “I do what I do instinctively, and that’s me. If you like me, that’s fine; if you don’t like me then don’t watch me.” — Colin Fletcher
3. “There are people who break you down by just being them. They need not do anything. Dissociate.” — Malebo Sephodi
4. “Think for yourself. Trust your own intuition. Another’s mind isn’t walking your journey, you are.” — Scottie Waves
5. “You can’t break me because you didn’t make me.” — Denzel Washington
6. “You will be let down by people you trusted – forgiveness is very good but in the process don’t lose your self-respect and never let anyone take you for granted!” — Irwin Rego
7. “Let negative people live their negative lives with their negative minds.” — Moosa Rahat
8. “Remember. Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
9. “All negativity is an illusion created by the limited mind to protect and defend itself.” — Ambika Wauters
10. “I’d rather have an enemy who admits that they hate me, than a fake friend who secretly puts me down.” — Karen Salmansohn
11. “There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is merely the comparison of one state to the other. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.” — Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo
12. “All the people who knock me down, only inspire me to do better.” — Selena Gomez
13. “To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
14. “Always trust strangers, it’s the people you know that let you down.” — Andrew O’Hagan
15. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
16. “If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.” — Bobby J. Mattingly
17. “Strong people don’t put others down. They lift them up.” — Michael P. Watson
18. “People enjoy making fun of people who are famous; they love putting people down.” — Lee Daniels
19. “I can’t tell you the amounts of times I’ve been let down, but I still try to see the best in people.” — Daphne Guinness
20. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney
Inspirational Quotes For When Someone Puts You Down
Here are some inspirational when someone puts you down quotes to give you the strength to move on!
1. “Don’t let the bitterness from people destroy your beauty within.” — Unknown
2. “No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. Despite our failings, we still deserve respect. Don’t let anyone put you down.” — Unknown
3. “People who project negativity typically have low self—esteem. They feel badly about themselves, and their negativity is simply a reflection of those feelings.” — Hendrie Weisinger
4. “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” — Bill Cosby
5. “Putting people down does not make you a powerful and a strong person. It makes you a bully, a coward, and eventually alone in life.” — Tess Calomino
6. “Never apologize to others for their misunderstanding of who you are.” — Unknown
7. “No one can take advantage of you without your permission.” — Ann Landers
8. “Friends may come and go, but you’ll always be there for yourself. Be your own priority.” — Unknown
9. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” — Mark Twain
10. “I don’t keep secrets; I just keep people out of my business.” — Unknown
11. “You can’t judge my choices without understanding my reasons.” — Kid Cudi
12. “My attitude is based on how you treat me.” — Unknown
13. “I’m perfect in my imperfections, happy in my pain, strong in my own weaknesses, and beautiful in my own way because I’m me.” — Unknown
14. “We all experienced people putting us down and people saying we couldn’t do it. We overcame it.” — Leigh—Anne Pinnock
15. “You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people you choose to be around.” — Unknown
16. “When someone puts you down, forgive them and move on. Those people are already sad and they don’t know a better way to communicate.” — Kirsten Hill
17. “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” — Leah LaBelle
18. “I tell kids that people will let them down and people will hurt them. But Jesus Christ will never let them down and never hurt them.” — Willie Aames
19. “I am unable to connect with negativity and toxic people today. Please check back at a later time.” — Germany Kent
20. “The more you dwell on what you don’t have, the more you get what you don’t want.” — Unknown
21. “People who project negativity typically have low self—esteem. They feel badly about themselves, and their negativity is simply a reflection of those feelings.” — Hendrie Weisinger
22. “God will not put you in a place you’re not strong enough to stand.” — Unknown
23. “A lot of people let me down. A lot of people I thought were my friends turned on me.” — Lil Kim
24. “Make a habit of shutting down conversations that aim to tear others down.” — Unknown
25. “The people in my circle? Those who make me feel blessed; not stressed.” — Steve Maraboli
Don’t Let Anyone Put You Down Quotes
You can respond to the person who puts you down with these when someone puts you down quotes.
1. “People will let you down… Welcome to life. People will also lift you up, save you, love you, embrace, teach you, and guide you… Welcome to life!” — Elle Febbo
2. “There are some people who put you down in life, mock your dreams, and challenge your personality; they look like winners. But in actual fact, they are only voicing out their insecurities and jealousy. Do not let them pull you down. Believe and accept yourself and hold onto what you believe in.” — unknown
3. “No one got me like I got me. No matter what people try to do, I always got my back.” — Unknown
4. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
5. “Be strong. Take no nonsense. Don’t let others bring you down.” — Ray Alexander
6. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” — Maya Angelou
7. “Don’t jump to conclusions. My “yes” meant “I see what you mean”, I never agreed with you. You just didn’t pay enough attention of me.” — Ray Alexander
8. “Do not let people put you down. Believe in yourself and stand for yourself and trust yourself.” — Jacob Neusner
9. “You don’t put up with their disrespect because you love them, you put up with it because you don’t love yourself enough to leave.” — Sonya Parker
10. “When people criticize me, instead of putting my head down, it gives me the energy to do even more.” — Zlatan Ibrahimovic
11. “When someone is mean, don’t listen. When someone is rude, walk away. When someone tries to put you down, stay firm. Don’t let someone else’s bad behavior destroy your inner peace.” — Unknown
12. “What breaks you down is not the amount of pressure you feel at one time, but it’s the way you perceive and handle it.” — Ashish Patel
13. “Disappointment is nothing but an eye—opening learning process for your future endeavors.” — Edmond Mbiaka
14. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do and damned if you don’t.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “Sometimes you have to let people down in order to get on, particularly in showbusiness.” — Dusty Springfield
16. “Pain and suffering are inevitable in our lives, but misery is an option.” — Chip Beck
17. “Negative and toxic people will drag you down with their insults, criticisms, and put—downs. Try not to stoop to their level. It is their own insecurities that drive their behavior and it has nothing to do with you. Move on and away from that negativity.” — Unknown
18. “Accept the fact that some people didn’t intend to let you down. Their best is just less than you expected.” — Thema Davis
19. “What happens when someone throws you against a wall or tells you you’re a jackass or puts you down or calls you bad names? It goes into your body. We hold it in our body. If we don’t have a way to let that go and release it, it eventually becomes a sickness.” — Unknown
20. “I’ve been let down, and knocked down, but God has never failed to help me up again.” — Unknown
21. “Everything will usually get worse before it gets better, but when it does get better… remember all who put you down and all who helped you up. Forgive but never forget. Let Karma take care of all the rest.” — Timothy Pina
22. “Arrogance is used by the weak, while kindness is used by the strong.” — Hans F. Hansen
23. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” — Henry David Thoreau
24. “Handling toxic people is not an art, they will be the victim of their own toxicity.” — Dr. P. S. Jagadeesh Kumar
25. “Cutting people out of your life doesn’t mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone is meant to stay.” — Unknown
When Someone Puts You Down Motivational Quotes
Use the following motivational when someone puts you down quotes to bounce back from a difficult experience!
1. “I don’t care what people think of me because I decide how I live my life and I trust my own capability.” — Ray Alexander
2. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
3. “I’ve been let down so many times that being hurt doesn’t phase me anymore.” — Unknown
4. “The best defense is to keep off the radar of negative people.” — Steven Redhead
5. “It’s time to distance yourself from the people who let you down, the inconsistent one. It’s time to start loving yourself.” — unknown
6. “Never forget. But don’t always forgive.” — Ray Alexander
7. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” — Mahatma Gandhi
8. “They tried to bury us. They didn’t realize we were seeds.” — Dinos Christianopoulos
9. “Care about what other people think, and you will always be their prisoner.” — Lao Tzu
10. “Do not put others down in order to build up your own image.” — Unknown
11. “If you walked away from a toxic, negative, abusive, one—sided, dead—end low vibrational relationship or friendship, you won.” — Lalah Delia
12. “The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.” — Chinese Proverb
13. “If people are trying to let you down, it only means that you are above them.” — Unknown
14. “Weeding out the harmful influences should become the norm, not the exception.” — Carlos Wallace
15. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Unknown
16. “There’s a thin line between confidence and arrogance. It’s called humility. Confidence smiles, arrogance smirks.” — Aagam Shah
17. “Stop allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions” — Steve Maraboli
18. “No one can break me down. I know my worth and it’s a beautiful thing.” — Iggy Azalea
19. “Spend your life lifting people up, not putting them down.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
20. “I don’t need anyone, I’m good on my own. Either you contribute to my happiness or you leave.” — Kirsten Hill
How To Deal With Putting Down Quotes
These interesting when someone puts you down quotes will help you learn how to deal with people who do this to you.
1.“ Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up.” — Habeeb Akande
2. “There are people in your life who’ve come and gone, they let you down and hurt your pride. Better put it all behind you, life goes on, you keep carrying that anger, it’ll eat you up inside.” — Don Henley
3. “It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves, you know, to put other people down, or make fun of them, or maybe make mockery of their work and that doesn’t make me feel good at all.” — Lady Gaga
4. “Patience puts up with those you’d like to put down.” — Rick Warren
5. “Beware of those around you who subtly sow the seeds of doubt.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
6. “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.” — Robert Tew
7. “Don’t worry when people put you down or talk behind your back. Those people have a need to find fault in your life, because they can’t fix the faults in their own. Use that energy to propel you forward.” — Unknown
8. “When someone puts you down and treats you badly, just remember there is something wrong with them, not you. Decent people will not go around destroying other human beings because they will respect others feelings.” — Unknown
9. “Other people’s dissatisfaction with you is not your issue to take on. Don’t absorb their negative, petty criticisms or allow their issues with you to get into your head. If they dislike you for no good reason, that is their problem to deal with. Be yourself, instead of allowing them to mold you into someone you are not, or living your life just to please them.” — Unknown
10. “When someone tries to put you down, pick yourself up and leave. They are unhappy and you can do nothing about that.” — Unknown
Even More When Someone Puts You Down Quotes
1. “If you ignore me, I’ll ignore you. If you don’t put in the effort, why should I?” — unknown
2. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” — Lee Iacocca
3. “Don’t let anyone knock you down. You’re strong enough to take criticisms. Now you know better, do better.” — Ray Alexander
4. “An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.” — Goi Nasu
5. “Maxim for life: You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.” — Wayne Dyer
6. “You can’t climb up a mountain with downhill thoughts.” — Unknown
7. “If you only walk on sunny days you’ll never reach your destination.” — Paolo Coelho
8. “Our hearts will break – time and time and time again – over the course of our feeble existences. But they never break irreparably. They never shatter in ways we can’t fix. Our hearts are stronger than all of the things that ever break them, if we give them permission to be.” — Heide Priebe
9. “Have confidence in yourself and don’t let people put you down or make you feel weak or worthless, because the more they put you down, the more you need to get back up and prove how wrong they are.” — Layne Beachley
10. “Know your worth and never settle for less. Rather be alone, but never in a company of people who put you down.” — Kirsten Hill
These situations will make you uncomfortable for sure. Hopefully, these when someone puts you down quotes can help you deal with the issue.
You need to be patient and keep your cool. Don’t show those bullies that they’re affecting you.
You can either confront them or ignore them, it’s up to you. The main point is that you shouldn’t just be quiet and let this keep happening.
You don’t have to be perfect, but you can always find motivation in the people around you. There are still good people out there!
Until next time!