Sometimes we get hurt by those we love the most.
Today’s article brings you a collection of 100 deep and sad when children hurt their parents quotes to help heal the wounds of children’s betrayal.
I’ve collected the best quotes about hurting parents from different sources on the web.
Whether you’re a parent looking for a sad quote to express your hurt feelings or you’re looking for a family quote to share with your family member, you’ll find it all here.
Having your heart broken by those you cherish and love the most is one of the worst feelings ever.
Hopefully, when children hurt their parents quotes I collected will help you deal with this situation.
Let’s dive in!
Top 10 When Children Hurt Their Parents Quotes
I’ll start off with my 10 favorite when children hurt their parents quotes. Check them out!
1. “Ignoring a child’s disrespect is the surest guarantee that it will continue.” — Fred G. Gosman
2. “If you disrespect your parents, remember! You deserve nothing.” — Keval Karia
3. “You can choose to disrespect me, but I will not permit you to hurt my spirit.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
4. “A very painful part of being a parent is having really negative feelings about your children when you love them so much.” — Louis C. K
5. “The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent.” — Mell Lazarus
6. “Sometimes we don’t appreciate the heavy sacrifices our parents are making for us until we become parents.” — Terry Mark
7. “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.” — Mahatma Gandhi
8. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” — Cynthia Ozick
9. “If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.” — Bette Davis
10. “Hold dear to your parents for it is a scary and confusing world without them.” — Emily Dickinson
Heartbreaking When Children Hurt Their Parents Quotes
Below you’ll find some of the most heartbreaking pain quotes for hurting parents to help them express their pain.
1. “It’s amazing when someone can break your heart, but you still love them with all the little pieces.”
2. “You might feel like a failure when your child has broken your heart, but know that God is with you through this painful journey. One day, you will get there.”
3. “Wondering why you took up parenting when your child breaks your heart? But then once you feel better, you just love them all over again.”
4. “Is it so difficult to learn that a parent only wants the best for their children? So many efforts lead to a child’s I hate you, and I don’t care that a parent might stop and think, Is this worth it?”
5. “Don’t anger your parents in order to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building you.”
6. “It’s so easy for children to hurt their parents – unwarranted rudeness, a simple I don’t care and all the anger. Children will never understand the feeling until they pay.”
7. “Sometimes it hurts me to see why children leave their parents for the sake of a new person in their life. He or she is ready to leave those parents who gave their whole life just for the upbringing of their child.”
8. “It hurts like how parents feel inside when their children raise their voices against them after standing by their own feet.” — Subha Sarina
9. “With all the smiles that your children have brought you, isn’t it amazing that they can bring you so many tears as well?”
10. “How sinful are those youth who speak gently with their friends while they shout out at their mothers.”
11. “I saw how, when my brother smoked reefer, it made my mother cry. He was 16 at the time. And I saw that she broke down and cried. I never wanted to hurt my mother, so I kept away from drugs.” — Ving Rhames
12. “A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, and a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.” — Japanese Proverb
13. “Why do children break your heart after everything you have done for them? It’s the worst pain ever.”
14. “Now I understand why some parents disown their children. You can only push a parent so far, be so disrespectful and take advantage of them for so long before they just can’t take any more.”
15. “To my father, who told me the stories that matter. To my mother, who taught me to remember them.” — Marita Golden
16. “Appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they went through for you.”
17. “Don’t hurt your parents because one day you will miss them badly.” — Sheli Singh
18. “They’re your parents. They’re meant to love you because. Never in spite.” — Patrick Ness
19. “Parents do understand that children will be rebellious one day, but that doesn’t make it hurt any less. It hurts the first time, and it will continue hurting the 100th time.”
20. “The hard thing is, you try to help them, but still, you’re the bad one.”
When Your Grown Child Hurts You Quotes
Check out these when children hurt their parents quote dedicated to parents with grown kids.
1. “It’s truly painful when you need to recognize and acknowledge the fact that a child has walked out of your life.”
2. “We’ve had bad luck with our kids – they’ve all grown up.” — Christopher Morley
3. “Here’s what kids don’t do: Respect you and be grateful. Here’s what they do: Eat their food, break your heart. Such a tough parenting journey!”
4. “I realize that this is what being a parent means – facing the most horrible thing that could ever happen to you and yet thinking only of how it will hurt your child.” — Claudia Gray
5. “The person you care about and love the most is so often the same person that you’ll let hurt you the most.”
6. “It’s so easy for children to hurt their parents – unwarranted rudeness, a simple “I don’t care” and all the anger. Children will never understand the feeling until they themselves too become a parent one day.”
7. “Maybe one day, children will finally stop hurting their parents. It is going to take a long time, with plenty of lessons and good examples, but maybe one day, it will stop hurting so much.”
8. “A grown adult should never have to be told to be respectful. Showing disrespect is not only immature but is a common trait of narcissism. Never tolerate those who are disrespectful.”
9. “I have learned that I should be careful with the words I choose to say when I am angry because later, those words always leave a huge wound of regrets in my heart besides hurting loved ones. Those wounds can’t be healed!” — Nino Varsimashvili
10. “When your children break your heart, wallow in the sadness as long as you need to, but always let your prayers lead your children on.”
11. “Maybe one day, children will finally stop hurting their parents. It is going to take a long time, plenty of lessons and good examples, but maybe one day, it will stop hurting so much.”
12. “Hurting someone who loves you is like throwing a stone in a lake, but you never really know how deep the stone goes once it hits the water. Take care to remember that each stone thrown could be a ripple of hurt or a tidal wave of devastation.” — Stacey Miller
13. “Children might not acknowledge that they are breaking your heart, but they know it, and they will feel just as guilty afterward, too.”
14. “And I just want to tell you, at some point, it doesn’t matter who was right and who was wrong. At some point, being angry is just another bad habit, like smoking, and you keep poisoning yourself with it without thinking about it.” — Jonathan Tropper
15. “Don’t stand for defiance and disrespect from your kids. There’s no excuse for abuse.”
16. “Anything your parents do for you after you’re 18 years old is out of pure love. Respect that and be thankful.”
17. “Speak when you are angry, and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.” — Lawrence Peter
18. “Never complain about what your parents couldn’t give you. It was probably all they had.”
19. “The hardest part of being a parent is watching your children go through something really tough and not being able to fit it for them. All I am doing is all I can do.”
20. “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up that we often forget that they are growing old.”
When Children Break Your Heart Quotes
Here are some more when children hurt their parents quotes you should check out.
1. “It’s only as a parent that you can have your heart broken and still love the person with every little bit of your broken heart.”
2. “Love is not a reason to tolerate disrespect.”
3. “It’s important to remember that an argument with your child does not mean that they hate you. They are learning and growing with you too!”
4. “How is it that parents have such a wonderful capacity for love? The love from a parent for a child is so strong that there might not be a more powerful force ever.”
5. “Children don’t hurt their parents intentionally. But sadness is that they do even after knowing the effect.”
6. “It is human to be angry, but childish to be controlled by anger.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
7. “When your child breaks your heart, it might feel as if your child does not love you anymore. However, always remember the days when you, too, were a young child and said hurtful words to your own parent.”
8. “The first time that a child hurts the parents, the child will not even know just the extent of damage that they have done. They never know because they have never experienced it themselves.”
9. “Tantrums are not bad behavior. Tantrums are an expression of emotion that becomes too much for the child to bear. No punishment is required. What your child needs is compassion and safe, loving arms to unload in.” — Rebecca Eanes
10. “I’ve learned – that no matter how you try to protect your children, they will eventually get hurt, and you will hurt in the process.”
11. “Instead of scolding your child, let them know calmly why you are upset. That way, you are raising them to argue constructively.”
12. “Many parents do not show themselves hurting even when their children have hurt them so much. Even when they are hurt, they still take care of their children’s feelings. Such is the power of a parent’s love.”
13. “Sometimes all the children need is some space after they have broken your heart. Just let them know that you are there for them.”
14. “Be leery of silence. It doesn’t mean you won the argument. Often, people are just busy reloading their guns.” — Shannon L. Alder
15. “Your children will never know how to appreciate you until they too have become parents on their own.”
16. “A parent should never get hurt by teenagers’ words as there will be many opportunities in life where you can teach your child the importance of right and wrong.”
17. “Children begin by loving their parents; after a time, they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.” — Oscar Wilde
18. “The hardest part of being a parent is that you can’t stop the world from hurting your child. You can only be there to ease the pain.”
19. “Don’t disobey,dirsrespect or hurt your parents. Parents are the ones who taught you how to walk and made you strong enough to achieve your dreams.”
20. “Don’t hurt your parents for your temporary happiness with someone.”
Ungrateful Disrespectful Child Quotes
Next up is a collection of quotes to help you deal with a disrespectful child.
1. “Don’t take things personally, but don’t condone disrespect.” — Izey Victoria Odiase
2. “No bible lessons are going to teach the children to be nice to their parents and to take care of their parent’s feelings. This has to be learned by the children on their own.”
3. “Your children vividly remember every unkind thing you ever did to them, plus a few you didn’t.” — Mignon McLaughlin
4. “When our children break our hearts, we remember how our parents once told us, You’ll understand when you have your children one day.”
5. “A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.” — Billy Graham
6. “Every parent has been hurt by their children. Often, it is not a one-time accident. A child may know that they are hurting their parents, yet they keep doing that because they know that their parents will always love them.”
7. “Everyone in this world can turn their back on you during your hard times except your parents.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
8. “One of the toughest things to do as a parent is to go through all the arguments that break your hearts and bring yourself to forgive them completely.”
9. “How many men and women lose potential partners because they have bratty, entitled, or disrespectful kids? The worse is when they are adults. They are no longer children but act it.”
10. “Hurting the feelings of parents brings punishment in both worlds.”
11. “Most kids would not respect their parents as much as they do, or even at all, if they knew how intellectually undemanding the role they played in their creation.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
12. “Children who disrespect their parents cannot respect anybody else.”
13. “A mother is a shooting star who passes through your life only once. Love her because when her light goes out, you will never see her again.”
14. “Do not hurt your parents because they are those who are with you in any situation without any interest.” — Avinash Mina
15. “It’s popular to talk about bad toxic mothers, that we forget kids can be bad too.” — Lauren Levine
Hurting Moms When Your Child Breaks Your Heart Quotes
Last but not least, here’s a collection of when children hurt their parents quotes dedicated to mothers. Have a look!
1. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find.” — Mitch Album
2. “A mother will continue to love her child even after the child has angered her, saddened her, and made her feel disappointed. She only wants her child to know that her love is truly unconditional.”
3. “A mother is a shooting star who passes through your life only once. Love her because when her light goes out, you will never see her again.”
4. “If there is one thing motherhood has taught me, it is the fact that part of being a parent is experiencing heartache and knowing that you would endure it a million times over because your child is worth it.” — Christina Romo
5. “Don’t use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you to speak.” — Ali Ibn Abi Talib
6. “I will always need my Son, no matter what age I am. My son has made me laugh, made me proud, made me cry, seen me cry, hugged me tight, seen me fail, cheered me up, kept me on my toes, and at times driven me crazy, But my Son is a promise that I will have a friend FOREVER!”
7. “Most of all, the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.” — Kate Douglas Wiggin
8. “A mom’s duty goes beyond the usual housewife chores. A dad’s love for the mum can be so important when their child breaks her heart!”
9. “A mother will know the meaning of unconditional love when their children break their heart, and yet they still love them just the same.”
10. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” — Cardinal Meymillod
11. “Don’t get involved with anyone who doesn’t respect his mother.” — Mia Farrow
12. “A mother is a woman who shows you the light when you just see the dark.” — Grimaldos Robin
13. “Mothers can forgive anything! Tell me all, and be sure that I will never let you go, though the whole world should turn from you.” — Louisa May Alcott
14. “You will never know the pain of hurting your mother until your own children hurt you back.”
15. “Never hurt your mother because she is the only one who is with you in your difficulties.” — Ankith MS
Wrapping It Up
That was all for today’s article. I hope you liked my selection of when children hurt their parents quotes.
Until next time!