Having a twin sister or a twin brother means to have another you that understands you and loves you unconditionally.
These quotes about twinning capture the unbreakable bond, together with many funny and beautiful situations that twins may encounter.
Find the perfect quote for you and your twin, that describes your relationship or some of the situations you two went through together!
Best Quotes About Twins
1. “Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart.” ― Melodie Ramone
2. “All who joy would win
Must share it — Happiness was born a twin.” ― George Gordon Byron, Don Juan
3. “Even identical twins have their own differences.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
4. “Wow, we’re identical!” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
5. “…we’re twins, and so we love each other more than other people…” ― Louisa May Alcott, Little Men
6. “For All Twins, “May you hug, smile, and laugh throughout your life with your best friend,” ― Linda Herron
7. “Because they knew each other’s thoughts, they even quarrelled without speaking.”
― Bruce Chatwin, On The Black Hill
8. “You” or “Your” never meant one of us. When we replied to a question, no one cared which of us had spoken; an answer from one was an answer for The Twins.” ― Abraham Verghese
9. “They were young; time hadn’t yet rubbed at them, polishing their differences and sharpening their opinions…” ― Kate Morton, The Distant Hours
10. “When twins are seperated, their spirits steal away to find the other” ― Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
Beautiful Quotes About Twins And Their Relationship
1. “And out of nowhere there you were,
Speaking a language I’ve heard before.” ― Nikki Rowe
2. “We’re always contradicting ourselves.
We want people to tell us apart….
…yet we don’t want them to be able to.
We want people to get to know us…
…but we also want them to keep their distance.
We’ve always longed for someone to accept us…
But we never believed there’d be anyone who would accept our twisted ways.
That’s why we’ll stay locked up tight…
…in our own little private world…
…and throw away the key, so that no one can ever hurt us.” ― Bisco Hatori, Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9
3. “Her hands flew to her mouth. ‘Are we even twins?’
Josh rested his hand on her shoulder and brought his forehead to rest against hers, strands of their blond hair mingling. ‘I will always be your brother, Sophie. I will always look after you.” ― Michael Scott, The Enchantress
4. “What can I tell you
about the alchemy of twins?
two bodies that dance
to each other’s joy.
Two minds that drown
in each other’s despair.
Two spirits that fly
with each other’s love.
two separate beings
conjoined at the heart!” ― Kamand Kojouri
5. “If one twin is cut, the other will bleed” ― Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
6. “I turn around, remembering again that we got made together, cell for cell. We were keeping each other company when we didn’t have any eyes or hands. Before our soul even got delivered.” ― Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
7. “The line between life and death is narrow and dark, and a bereaved twin lives closer to it than most.” ― Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
8. “Being human makes us one. Be uniquely ourselves makes us individual.” ― Nancy S. Mure, Author of Unidentical Twins
9. “I would tell people some years later that I was raised an only child and so was my brother.” ― Homer H. Hickam, Rocket Boys
10. “I love her music and there’s no one else I’d rather share a face with and I try to remember that I actually enjoy being around her.” ― Tegan Quin
11. “It was kind of funny—the thing that had annoyed me so much about him in the beginning was what I dearly appreciated now.” ― Emma Mills, First & Then
12. “A lot of people say, ‘Wow, you’re a single father of twin boys, that’s crazy!”’ Two toddlers can get hectic, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. Every day they teach me different things. The love is there. When you have a two-year-old saying every other hour, ‘Papi, te amo. Papi, I love you,’ it can’t get better.” – Ricky Martin
13. “My twin, Go. I’ve said this phrase so many times; it has become a reassuring mantra instead of actual words: Mytwingo. We were born in the ’70s, back when twins were rare, a bit magical: cousins of the unicorn, siblings of the elves. We even have a dash of twin telepathy. Go is truly the one person in the entire world I am totally myself with. I don’t feel the need to explain my actions to her. I don’t clarify; I don’t doubt, I don’t worry. I don’t tell her everything, not anymore, but I tell her more than anyone else, by far. I tell her as much as I can. We spent nine months back to back, covering each other. It became a lifelong habit. It never mattered to me that she was a girl, strange for a deeply self-conscious kid. What can I say? She was always just cool.” – Gillian Flynn
14. “Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
15. “My sister and I, you will recollect, were twins, and you know how subtle are the links which bind two souls which are so closely allied.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
16. “Sibling relationships…outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust.” – Erica E. Goode
17. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” – Cali Rae Turner
18. “Sometimes souls are meant to meet and fleet for they have different contracts to complete.” ― Nikki Rowe
19. “We’ll erase those who want to use us for our family prestige…
…and erase those girls who try to apply their patronizing psychology theories on us…
…and those stupid adults who only judge us by our outward appearances…. We’ll erase them all from our consciousness.” ― Bisco Hatori, Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9
20. “Being a twin is like being born with a best friend.” – Tricia Marrapodi
Twin Bond Quotes
1. “Twins need to know that they can be alone without their twin.” ― Joan A. Friedman Ph D
2. “What can I tell you
about the alchemy of twins?
two bodies that dance
to each other’s joy.
Two minds that drown
in each other’s despair.
Two spirits that fly
with each other’s love.
two separate beings
conjoined at the heart!” ― Kamand Kojouri
3. “Standing there, that day, I felt like Sally was being torn from my skin and there was no way I could ever fly free, without her right beside me.” ― Belinda Jeffrey, One Long Thread
4. “I always wondered what it must be like to lose a twin—if somehow Mary felt like it was happening to her. If she felt physical pain.” ― Francesca Lia Block, Wasteland
5. “So, then I am caught. I am caught in a tremor and my sister is the only person who can stop the shaking.” ― Darren Groth, Are You Seeing Me?
6. “In the most profound of Sufi teachings, we discover that the goal of Sufi practice is to create a kind of twin. In other words, for every apparently living human being, through profound exercises, the Sufi creates a spiritual counterpart (a twin) in the spirit realms. In addition, for every spirit dwelling in the spiritual realms, there exists a physical counterpart in the apparent world. This is precisely why Sufis pray at the Shrines (tombs) of Sufi saints who have made the transition, because these saints are very much alive and puissant in the physical or apparent world.” ― Laurence Galian, The Sun at Midnight: The Revealed Mysteries of the Ahlul Bayt Sufis
7. “I don’t feel the need to explain my actions to her. I don’t clarify, I don’t doubt, I don’t worry. I don’t tell her everything, not anymore, but I tell her more than anyone else, by far. I tell her as much as I can.” ― Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl
8. “She had tried to make sure they knew that there were a hundred, a thousand, a million different ways to be a girl, and that all of them were valid, and that neither of them was doing anything wrong.” ― Seanan McGuire, Down Among the Sticks and Bones
9. “My twin, Go. I’ve said this phrase so many times, it has become a reassuring mantra instead of actual words: Mytwingo. We were born in the ’70s, back when twins were rare, a bit magical: cousins of the unicorn, siblings of the elves. We even have a dash of twin telepathy. Go is truly the one person in the entire world I am totally myself with. I don’t feel the need to explain my actions to her. I don’t clarify, I don’t doubt, I don’t worry. I don’t tell her everything, not anymore, but I tell her more than anyone else, by far. I tell her as much as I can. We spent nine months back to back, covering each other. It became a lifelong habit. It never mattered to me that she was a girl, strange for a deeply self-conscious kid. What can I say? She was always just cool.” ― Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl
10. “There’s nothing quite as awkward as living in a shadow that is quite literally the same shape as yours.” ― Emma Lord, Tweet Cute
11. “It seemed such a lonely way to be twins, I thought. Emmanuel always faced out to a future he was sure he could dream into existence and Ella, always turned back to a past that had meaning only for her.” ― Kaitlyn Greenidge, Libertie: A Novel
12. “She scoots over so we’re shoulder to shoulder. This is us. Our pose. The smush. It’s even how we are in the ultrasound photo they took of us inside Mom and how I had us in the picture Fry ripped up yesterday. Unlike most everyone else on earth, from the very first cells of us, we were together, we came here together. This is why no one hardly notices that Jude does most of the talking for the both of us, why we can only play piano with all four hands on the keyboard and not all alone, why we can never do Rochambeau because not once in thirteen years have we chose differently. It’s always: two rocks, two papers, two scissors. When I don’t draw us like this, I draw us as half-people.” ― Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
13. “Hello, my name is Albany, and I have a telepathic connection with my twin sister, along with the ability to read minds.” ― C.B. Cook, Twinepathy
14. “At times like this, Eryn didn’t feel like they were just twins. They were teammates. They were partners. They were two halves of the same brain.” ― Margaret Peterson Haddix, Under Their Skin
15. “My sister and I, you will recollect, were twins, and you know how subtle are the links which bind two souls which are so closely allied” ― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
16. “If you are a twin, you watch yourself live two lives–yours and hers. It’s constant comparison. I am never as good as the bad I wanted her to be. I was the only soldier I needed. We couldn’t haven known what splitting would mean. Time speeds past fast, scattering like shrapnel, and is quiet as cobwebs. We wait for the ambush. Sister will find out first; she’ll be my living memory. She will be the body left standing.” ― Christa Parravani
17. “I know what happened. I used my inTWINition” ― Michael Houbrick
18. “I always wondered what it must be like to lose a twin—if somehow Mary felt it like it was happening to her. If she felt physical pain.” ― Francesca Lia Block, Wasteland
19. “Because they’re twins. they’ve got each other, wolf. This is a tough town in a tough world. But no matter how tough it get – our boys will always have each other.” ― Ben Elton
20. “Sister love was like food, or air, or memory itself. It was molecular. The very stuff of her.” ― Danya Kukafka, Notes on an Execution
Short Quotes About Twinning
1. “They’re not just sisters and twins. They’re best friends, and they care genuinely about each other.” – Chelsi Welch
2. “There’s two to wash, two to dry; There’s two who argue, two who cry; There’s two to kiss, two to hug; and best of all, there’s two to love!” – Unknown
3. “Body and spirit are twins: God only knows which is which.” – Algernon Charles Swinburne
4. “My twin sister, my cousin, and I used to write and perform plays for my family. We raided the closets for costumes and fought over parts. I’m sure I was the bossiest one.” – Connie Britton
5. “Sometimes miracles come in pairs.” – Richard Branson
6. “Twins are usually hailed with delight, because they swell the power of the family, though in some instances they are put to death.” – John Hanning Speke
7. “Twins need to know that they can be alone without their twin.” – Joan A. Friedman
8. “Twins are so practical. It’s always nice to have a spare.” – Billie Burke
9. “Things every person should have: A nemesis. An evil twin. A secret headquarters. An escape hatch. A partner in crime. A secret identity.” – Wil Wheaton
10. “Look at identical twins. When you get closer, you start to see the small differences. It all depends on how much you magnify it.” – Brian Swanson
11. “It’s a twin type of telepathy. My sister and I, we share the same DNA, so on paper, we’re the same person. I knew she was pregnant, like, right away. It’s so crazy. – but I asked her, and she said yes.” – Tia Mowry
12. “Without identical twins, you’ll never get to experience entering a hotel room with one of them and watching him run into the full-length mirror because he thought he saw his brother.” – Ray Romano
13. “In the beginning, we didn’t have a clue. There’s certainly nothing that prepares you for twins.” – Christine Mazier
14. “I love to be with my twins. They are my true joy in life.” – Nancy Grace
15. “So many good things come in pairs, like ears, socks and panda bears. But, best of all are the set of twins, with extra laughter, double grins.” – Unknown
16. “Two little blessings, sent from above. Twice the smiles, twice the love.” – Unknown
17. “Really, what were sisters even for? Making you feel human when you’re teetering on the brink of abandoning your mortal name and moving into a box in the woods.” ― Talia Hibbert, Take a Hint, Dani Brown
18. “In life, like art, there has to be an essential sense of weirdness.” ― Jo Brunini
19. “It’s not an accident of birth that made you my sister. You’re my sister because you took the blame for that pie we stole from the cook when you were three.” ― Melanie Cellier, The Princess Pact: a Twist on Rumpelstiltskin
20. “She was good at this, too, she supposed–getting on her brother’s nerves.” ― Brit Bennett, Meet Claudie: An American Girl; 1922
Funny Twin Quotes
1. “There’s nothing more demonic than two bored twins.” ― Bisco Hatori, Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2
2. “Who are you?”
“Abby,” she says. “And you are?”
“Ethan,” I answer. “He’s my twin.”
Her eyes dart between us. “You don’t look anything alike.”
“I’m a boy. She’s a girl. I sure as hell hope we don’t,” says Ethan.” ― Katie McGarry, Crash into You
3. “I don’t want to write about real things, I would rather write about an uncontrollable parasitic twin.” ― Mary Sage Nguyen
4. “Do you ever have the sense you’re living someone else’s life?” ― Sol Luckman, Cali the Destroyer
5. “Fred, you next,” the plump woman said.
“I’m not Fred, I’m George,” said the boy. “Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can’t you tell I’m George?”
“Sorry, George, dear.”
“Only joking, I am Fred,” said the boy and off he went.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
6. “Reagan scowled at Cath. “Are you Zack, or are you Cody?” ― Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
7. “Kreacher said nothing,” said the elf, with a second bow to George, adding in a clear undertone, “and there’s its twin, unnatural little beasts they are.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
8. “She glanced rapidly between them, blinking and hoping her double vision would go away. They were glaring at each other. Would they fight? If she saw her own double she probably be tempted to punch it once or twice. Especially today. For being so stupid.” ― Karen Marie Moning, Kiss of the Highlander
9. “We breathe and breathe and breathe together. She takes my hand and I think how otters sleep floating on their backs in water, holding hands exactly like this, so they don’t drift apart in the night.
After a while, she picks up her fist. I do the same.
“Yes!” she cries. “We still got it, yes we do!” ― Jandy Nelson
10. “In every set of twins, there is one angel, one devil” ― Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
11. “I was going to show your brother Gemini-the Twins.” ― Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
12. “You think I’m weak.’
‘You are weak,’ I tell her. ”You’re weak and pathetic and I-‘
‘I’m a mirror,’ she shouts. ‘I’m the mirror you don’t want to look at.” ― Holly Black, The Cruel Prince
13. “Has a world composed of “us” and “not us” been invaded at last?” ― Bisco Hatori, Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2
14. “We were born in the ’70s, back when twins were rare, a bit magical: cousins of the unicorn, siblings of the elves.” ― Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl
15. “I’m only two hours thrity-seven minutes and thirteen seconds younger than Jude, but she always makes me feel like I’m her little brother.” ― Jandy Nelson, I’ll Give You the Sun
16. “When we were little, people said we looked just like twins for no better reason than we might have been wearing the same color shirt. You had to wonder if they were truly looking at us.” ― Susan Gregg Gilmore, Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen
17. “What strange creatures brothers are!” ― Jane Austen
18. “I’ve been the oldest child since before you were born” ― E.L. Konigsburg, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
19. “Similar to siblings, French Fries all stem from the same family, the potato family. Yet each and every one is different. A different shape, a different flavor, a different purpose, etc. Now, despite all these differences, each French fry in the batch will share a similar origin story. However, the outcome will be unique. The point is to have patience with your sibling French fry and realize that life imprints differently on each and every one of us. Some of us will be salty, some of us will be peppered, but in the end we are all just trying to catch up.” ― Hannah Hart
20. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something” ― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can’t Avoid
21. “Things every person should have: A nemesis. An evil twin. A secret headquarters. An escape hatch. A partner in crime. A secret identity.” – Wil Wheaton
22. “A twin knows exactly when the other one is spitting up, but that’s all they know about anything.” – Mary-Kate Olsen
23. “Twin problem – when you find a picture from when you were younger…” – Unknown
24. “When you have twin four-year-olds, you are able to dance like a fool, often. And I do.” – Neil Patrick Harris
25. “I may be a twin, but I am one of a kind.” – Jerry Smith
26. “You can’t live like a monk if you have two five-year-old twins. That ain’t happening. Just the opposite, actually.” – Scott Ellis
27. “Twins – will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank account smaller, home happier, clothes shabier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for…” – Unknown
28. “Twins. God’s way of saying, ‘One of you is a rough draft.’.” – Unknown
29. “You can spend too much time wondering which of identical twins is the more alike.” – Unknown
30. “It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins.” – Chinese Proverb
Interesting Sayings About Twins
1. “There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins.” – Josh Billings
2. “It’s double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you’re blessed with twins.” – A saying about twins
3. “I’m your twin. You’re my twin. We stick together through thick & thin. No matter what I do I’m always stuck with you. And if trouble comes our way I know my twin will save the day. Wherever you may be, you’re always stuck with me. When you’re feeling sad & blue call my name & I’ll find you. We have a bond that’s tried & true, you and me, me and you, two by two.” – Unknown
4. “Twins have a special bond. They feel safer with each other than with their peers.” – Jeanne Phillips
5. “The special relationship between twins is that, if there’s anyone else in the world that’s going to get or be the confidant that you need, it’s an identical twin.” – Sam Underwood
6. “I had twins, so it was really uncomfortable [to sleep] because you lay on one side, and there’s a baby, and you lay on the other side, and there’s a baby. So I had a really hard time with it.” – Jennifer Lopez
7. “The moment when you realize that you’re talking with the wrong twin…” – Unknown
8. “When my twin grandchildren, Linda and Lyeke, were born two years ago, it changed me. I felt it was the essence of what life is about, and I cried all day. When my son Pierre, their father, was born I didn’t cry like that.” – Andre Rieu
9. “In the world we live in, what we know and what we don’t know are like Siamese twins, inseparable, existing in a state of confusion.” – Haruki Murakami
10. “A joy that is shared is a joy made double.” – English Proverb
11. “The goddess Artemis had a twin brother, Apollo, the many-faceted god of the Sun. He was her male counterpart: his domain was the city, hers the wilderness; he was the sun, hers the moon; his the domesticated flocks, hers the wild, untamed animals; he was the god of music, she was the inspiration for round dances on the mountains.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
12. “I’ve always been fascinated by twins. In my forty years of photographing, whenever there was an opportunity, I would take a picture of twins. I found the notion that two people could appear to look exactly alike very compelling.” – Mary Ellen Mark
13. “As siblings, we were inextricably bound, even though our connections were loose and frayed…. And each time we met, we discovered to our surprise and dismay how quickly the intensity of childhood feelings reappeared…. No matter how old we got or how oft.” – Jane Mersky Leder
14. “If you are a twin, you watch yourself live two lives–yours and hers. It’s a constant comparison. I am never as good as the bad I wanted her to be. I was the only soldier I needed. We couldn’t have known what splitting would mean. Time speeds past fast, scattering like shrapnel, and is quiet as cobwebs. We wait for the ambush. Sister will find out first; she’ll be my living memory. She will be the body left standing.” – Christa Parravani
15. “In this life, we will never truly be apart, for we grew to the same beat of our mother’s heart.” – Daphne Fandrich
16. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” – Jane Austen
17. “Being a twin, and being my sister’s twin, is such a defining part of my life that I wouldn’t know how to be who I am, including a writer, without that being somehow at the centre.” – Taiye Selasi
18. “What can I tell you about the alchemy of twins? Twins are two bodies that dance to each other’s joy. Two minds that drown in each other’s despair. Two spirits that fly with each other’s love. Twins are two separate beings conjoined at heart.” – Kamand Kojouri
19. “The special relationship with twins is that, if there’s anyone else in the world that’s going to get or be the confidant that you need, it’s an identical twin.” – Sam Underwood
20. “You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore… but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.” – Kahlil Gibran
I hope that you have enjoyed finding some perfect quotes about twinning for your soul sister.
These can be used as captions too, but also sending a quote to your twin sister or twin brother may help you remember and cherish some precious memories.
Family is everything we’ve got, and please be grateful for it, and try to enjoy every moment you spend with them. And don’t forget finding the perfect quote for every occasion!
Read next: 90 Most Beautiful Prayers For My Sister’s Protection