Are you searching for some nice second child quotes to give you a dose of inspiration? This extensive collection of the best second child quotes will inspire you to embrace parenthood for the second time!
You are probably aware that one of the most important tasks for all second-time parents is to show your second-born child that you consider them an equal to your first baby.
It’s important to keep that mother and child bond no matter what happens.
So, if you’re stuck finding the right words to show your second baby boy or baby girl how much they are loved, these second baby quotes will be perfect for you.
If you just need to hear some words of parenting wisdom, you’ll also find inspirational quotes that capture the magic of being a parent the second time around.
I searched the web far and wide to find the best second child quotes so you can properly celebrate your parenting journey with your second baby.
Let’s check out all my lovely quotes!
Top 20 Second Child Quotes
There aren’t too many famous second child quotes on the internet, so I hope you like the ones I managed to find.
1. “You will love them the same, despite your fear. Your heart doesn’t split, it doubles in size.” — Kerry De Roque Guice
2. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” — Eda J. Le Shan
3. “When my oldest son was born, it felt like a magical connection had formed the instant I held him. When I didn’t feel that for my second son, I thought I must be the worst mother in the world. I think it is different with the second child because nothing can ever compare with the first time you realize you’re a mother. Don’t worry – my youngest son has firmly planted himself in my heart in his own unique way. I can’t imagine my life without him.” — Anne
4. “I feel like the second child feels like they have to do everything faster.” — Tori Spelling
5. “Everyone has early fiction fantasies, but it wasn’t until my second child Betsy was born that I allowed the urge to write a novel to bubble up.” — Susan Isaacs
6. “TaskRabbit is really my first baby. So balancing the second child is something I’ve tackled, but I’m really passionate about what I do, and then I’m passionate about coming home and putting my baby to bed.” — Leah Busque
7. “Two different children, two different experiences, but one love we share.” — Paula Rollo
8. “Second child rule, learned from a lifetime of bad luck and trouble: Maintain a little dignity.” — Lee Child
9. “I didn’t know I’d ever be able to love my second child like I love my first; she came out, and I was amazed I could love them both equally.” — Brad D. Smith
10. “Every parent craves for a child, and once their wishes come true, they feel that it’s not possible for them to love anyone more than the first born. But the fact is, after you have the second one, the feeling is, how can I not love the kid?” — Kajol
11. “I’m a father of two, and with my first, it took me a while to bond. Then with my daughter, I knew what to expect and was so excited. There is no comparison between the two – they both have their own quirks that make them unique in my eyes.” — A BabyCenter member
12. “Second child brings you more work but also more love.”
13. “I remember the first year after my second child was born, what I can remember of it at all, as a year of disarray, of overturned glasses of milk, of toys on the floor, of hours from sunrise to sunset that were horribly busy but filled with what, at the end of the day, seemed like absolutely nothing at all. What saved my sanity were books. What saved my sanity was disappearing, if only for fifteen minutes before I inevitably began to nod off in bed … and as it was for me when I was young and surrounded by siblings, as it is today when I am surrounded by children, reading continues to provide an escape from a crowded house into an imaginary room of one’s own.” — Anna Quindlen
14. “When your first baby drops her pacifier, you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog: ‘Fetch!’” — Bruce Lansky
15. “Having your second child, in case you were wondering, is a lot harder than having your first, except for those people who find it easier. I’m afraid I don’t have the latest figures to confirm this.” — Rachel Cusk
16. “The greatest thing about having a child is putting yourself second in your own life. It’s a massive gift to be able to say you’re not the most important person to yourself.” — Louis C.K.
17. “When my second baby came along, I got so wrapped up in her that I tended to hand her older brother off to his father. The baby was easier to deal with than a cranky, willful toddler. But you know what? It created a really strong bond between my son and his father. And now that the baby is older and doesn’t need me quite so much, I’m getting back into the groove with my son.” — Flippe
18. “Photography has always reminded me of the second child.. trying to prove itself. The fact that it wasn’t really considered an art.. that it was considered a craft.. has trapped almost every serious photographer.” — Richard Avedon
19. “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” — Olivia Wilde
20. “The wife ought to have the first child and the husband the second, then there wouldn’t ever be any more.” — Flora Thompson
Mom Quotes About Second Baby
Read these sweet second child quotes to find out what other moms have said about their second-born child.
1. “To my second-born child, please remember every day that I do not love you any less; I never did and I never will. Keep in mind – second or first, it really doesn’t matter; I love you from the depths of my soul; nothing can and will ever change that.”
2. “I didn’t think I could possibly love another human being with that perfect balance of tenderness, fierceness, and joy… yet you came along and proved my worried heart wrong.”
3. “First baby: Sugar-free, meat-free for the first year. Second baby: First food is bacon dipped in Nutella dropped on the floor by the older sibling.”
4. “My well-behaved firstborn gave me the confidence to be a good mom. My wild second kid taught me to not judge other mothers.”
5. “Don’t worry, mom. When new babies come along your love doesn’t get divided… it multiplies!”
6. “Don’t think about loving them ‘equally.’ It’s impossible to measure that way. What you can be sure of is that you’ll love both of them wholeheartedly for who they are as unique people.”
7. “I didn’t think I could do another round of sleepless nights, changing diapers and making bottles in the dark . . . yet you came along and proved me wrong.”
8. “I thought raising a child was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. Until I had two of them!”
9. “Nobody tests your psycho-meter more than your second child!”
10. “First child eats dirt, you call the doctor. Second child eats dirt, you wonder if you need to feed him lunch.”
11. “It really is amazing how there’s always room to love more kiddos!”
12. “When I have that sweet and far too rare one-on-one time with you, my heart gets filled with delight that I get to make you feel like the center of our family’s world. Because I’d never want you to feel any less than that.”
13. “I didn’t think I’d ever feel like such a pro-momma, but when you came along I didn’t find myself internet searching every little issue anymore. I could just rest and savor your sweet presence and every precious milestone.”
14. “I didn’t think I could find the strength to tote around another heavy car seat and packed-to-the-brim diaper bag . . . but you proved me wrong once again.”
15. “I thought raising a child was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. Until I had two of them!”
16. “You didn’t make me a mom, you made me a better one.”
17. “I’ll never forget the first moment I laid eyes on you and heard your darling cries. Your first smile was magic, your first laugh was bliss, and I love the way your tiny body fits perfectly into my arms right now. And that you haven’t started to resist any cuddles yet.”
18. “You make our family more complete. You were what we had been missing before we even knew it.”
19. “The world stopped for what seemed like hours as I introduced myself and sang you ‘Happy Birthday.”
20. “You’re teaching Mommy and Daddy to love more, to practice peace, and to relish as much as we can because you’re growing up faster than we could have imagined.”
More Quotes About The Second Born Child
Here are some more second child quotes to cheer you up the second time you become a parent.
1. “Maybe that was the answer to good parenting – pretending the first child was the second.” — Emma Straub
2. “Nobody tests your psycho-meter more than your second child.” — Unknown
3. “In most families, there is a favorite child. Parents deny it and maybe they truly don’t see it, but it’s obvious to the children. Unfairness bothers children greatly. It’s hard to always come in second.” — Karen Joy Fowler
4. “I’m Italian; I take my time. We’re not really fast. We’re very slow. I had my first child at 40, my second child at 45, and James Bond at 50. I’m so curious as to what’s next!” — Monica Bellucci
5. “It had been six weeks since I brought my second child, my daughter, kicking and screaming into the world. Six weeks, that magic number men everywhere look forward to and women dread.” — Julia Arnold
6. “When my second child was born, I gave up acting – two young children out on the road was too difficult to manage. I’d always written, but began to do so with real commitment now that it was my only creative outlet. I used all my acting techniques to do it. I still do.” — Jenny Downham
7. “I love art, my mother is a painter, I majored in art history at Wellesley, and as I was having my second child I was thinking, what am I going to do, I have to do something to keep myself sane, and I began to ask myself, what are the most horrific circumstances under which art can be created?” — Alyson Richman
8. “Demographers affirm that choosing to have a second child is already a potential choice in favor of a third.” — Vladimir Putin
9. “I suffered from a mild case of postpartum depression after my second child and the physical challenge of maintaining an overnight shift at CBS, a marriage, and two in diapers made the symptoms worse and everyone in the house paid the price.” — Mika Brzezinski
10. “In the ’50s and ’60s, a family’s first child went into the priesthood, the second went into the military, and the third child was an idiot and wound up in advertising.” — Jerry Della Femina
11. “I grew up mostly an only child. My dad remarried when I was a teenager. And then I had two stepbrothers. And then my dad had a second child. So I have a brother from the time I was 15. But I really grew up feeling like an only child.” — Rebecca Stead
12. “A few years ago, I asked some children, “What is the purpose of eating breakfast? One boy replied, “To get energy for the day.” Another said, “The purpose of eating breakfast is to eat breakfast.” I think the second child is more correct.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
13. “Raising kids these days is hard. I’m the second to last child in my family. I think it’s tough; I have two kids, I see them and I feel like I see things in them; they awaken the inner child in you.” — Gore Verbinski
Second Child Quotes And Wishes For A Baby Shower
Now we’ve seen all those wonderful second child quotes, check out these lovely ideas on how to congratulate someone on having their second child.
1. “A second child is god’s way of saying that you both have been excellent parents to your first newborn. He wanted another baby to be born in the caring arms of parents like you. Congratulations.”
2. “A loving and handsome father, a caring and beautiful mother, a pretty and bubbly daughter, and now a cute little boy like no other. Congratulations on becoming the perfect family.”
3. “Another beautiful blessing for your family. May your growing family be blessed with great memories and great fun.”
4. “Remember how your firstborn took up all your time and became the priority of your life? So don’t worry, it is not possible for the second child to take up any more time. Congratulations.”
5. “The beauty of giving birth is much realized in hindsight. Ask any old woman how she felt when she gave birth to her child and a beautiful smile will light up her face. Now you have two reasons to keep you smiling for a lifetime. Congratulations.”
6. “The concept of motherhood is so deep, that just having a child doesn’t make a woman a mother. But you have been such a loving and caring mom to your firstborn, that you had earned the right to call yourself a mother even before your second child was born. Congratulations.”
7. “Congratulations for giving your firstborn child the most precious gift ever – a little brother.”
8. “A second baby means double the cuteness, double the sweetness and double the happiness in your family. Congratulations.”
9. “When you both got married, you became a lucky couple. When you had your first child, you became luckier. Now that you have become parents for the second time, you have become the luckiest. Congratulations.”
10. “The love of a newborn baby is pure, innocent, and blissful. Congratulations on being able to experience it for the second time.”
11. “Cupid smiled upon you when you became a couple. The heavens smiled upon you when you got married. Angels blessed you when you became parents for the first time. The gods themselves have showered you with blessings, as you have become parents yet again. Congratulations.”
12. “Your first child was your first step at becoming a mother and a father. Your second child is the final step in your journey to becoming a loving family. Congratulations.”
13. “If your first child is anything to go by, your second child is going to have the best upbringing ever. Congratulations to the best parents in the world.”
14. “Congratulations on giving birth for the second time. You are on your way to officially earning the degree Masters of Changing Nappies.”
15. “You are different from all other parents because you are less of a nagging mother and more of a model human being that your children can strive to be. Your newborn is lucky to be born in the arms of such a wonderful parent. Congratulations.”
16. “Congratulations to the mommy for embracing motherhood and to the daddy for taking on fatherhood yet again.”
17. “You already had the cutest child and now you have given birth to yet another cute toddler. How will you be able to handle this overdose of cuteness?”
18. “Just when I thought that your life was perfect, it became better. Congratulations on your second baby.”
19. ”Your first bundle of joy already arrived with your firstborn. With the arrival of your second child, your family has received tub loads of joy. Congratulations.”
20. “The feeling of having your newborn place its head on your chest for the first time as you cuddle its tiny fingers is one of the miracles of life. You are lucky to have experienced it twice. Congratulations.”
21. “I officially declare you the strongest woman in the world to be able to tolerate the pains of labor and the sleepless nights that will now ensue, for a second time around. Congratulations to the new mommy.”
22. ”Your firstborn may not realize this but with the birth of your second child, he has just been given the best form of friendship, support, and lifelong love anyone can ever have – a sibling. Congratulations to the happy parents.”
23. “As human beings, you both have so many qualities that it would have been impossible for one child to inherit all of them. Now you can pass on some of those qualities to your second bundle of joy. Congratulations.”
24. “The best part of having a second child is that no one will try to give you parenting advice because they know you have already done this before. Congratulations.”
25. “In the day and age when children are seen as a responsibility, it is wonderful to see parents embracing parenthood as a blessing. Congratulations on becoming parents again.”
26. “The experience of raising your first child will help you give your second child an even better childhood. Congratulations.”
27. “Once again you have a gorgeous new baby. Congratulations on expanding your family, and welcoming even more love into your life.”
Wrapping It Up
I hope you liked my collection of second child quotes!
You can share some of these lovely quotes with your second-born child or on social media so other parents can relate to them.
Until next time!
Read next: 60 Best Parenting Quotes For Hard Times To Inspire You