Do you feel like you’re carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders?
If so, you’ll definitely want to check out my collection of 100 sad I wanna die quotes to comfort you during this difficult period of your life.
You might feel like you’re alone on your journey, but you should never give up!
There’s always tomorrow, and whether you believe it or not there’s always someone who loves you and cares about you.
We’re all just human; we’re not perfect and it’s okay to feel sad and depressed from time to time.
You deserve to take your time to heal and be the person you used to be once again.
Tough times can make you feel drained, hopeless, and prone to destructive behavior, but what if I told you that there are lots of people out there dealing with the same problem?
It’s okay to talk about it and seek help.
You must stay strong and endure. It’s worth it!
I hope my collection of quotes will offer you a different perspective on this issue.
You’ll see what other people have thought and said when it comes to sadness, hardship, and suicide/death.
Open your heart and mind to feel them. I really believe they will comfort you and provide you relief from your pain.
Just take your time and take baby steps if necessary. Nobody’s gonna judge you.
Let’s get started.
Top 10 Sad I Wanna Die Quotes
These are the top 10 best quotes:
1. “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” – David Levithan
2. “As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.” – Tabitha Suzuma
3. “I don’t want to kill myself. I want to die. I want to escape. I want to run away, like always. I want to lie six feet below the ground, soundless. I want to disappear. There’s a difference.”
4. “Did you really want to die?” “No one commits suicide because they want to die.” “Then why do they do it?” “Because they want to stop the pain.” – Tiffanie DeBartolo
5. “Sometimes she just wants to die. And no one notices her sadness. Maybe that’s why she wants to leave.”
6. “I wish I could go back to a time when I could smile and it didn’t take everything in me to do it.”
7. “I want to live but I want to die. What do I do?” – Ned Vizzini
8. “Read my lips, I’ve told you a lie, I said ‘I’m fine.’ but look in my eyes, ‘I want to die.’” – J.M.K.
9. “Yes — or rather, it’s not so much that I want to die as that I’m tired of living.” – Ryūnosuke Akutagawa
10. “Sometimes I feel like I want to die. Not suicide, but just die. I don’t know why, but I just get these feelings that I am already dead and want to be gone.”
Famous Death And Suicide Quotes
Here are some famous quotes and perspectives on this issue:
1. “I hate myself, and I want to die.” – Kurt Cobain
2. “It’s just a relief, really. I’m scared to die, but I want to die.” – Lana Del Rey
3. “I said to myself, ‘I want to die decently’.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
4. “Do I want to die from the inside out or the outside in?” – Laurie Halse Anderson
5. “I am not afraid of death. I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” – Woody Allen
6. “I don’t want to die an old lady.” – Edith Piaf
7. “I want to die young. I think it’s awful to get old, and sickness is ugly.” – Edith Piaf
8. “I don’t want to die of some disease, I want to die of death.” – Ivan Illich
9. “I want to die with my high heels on, still in action.”- Bette Davis
10. “Death is very likely the single best invention of life.” – Steve Jobs
11. “I want to die a slave to principles. Not to men.” – Emiliano Zapata
12. “I want to die in my own way. It’s my illness, my death, my choice. This is what saying yes means.” – Jenny Downham
13. “I want to be all used up when I die.” – George Bernard Shaw
14. “I don’t think I want to win anything. I think I want to die unadorned.” – Frank O’Hara
15. “I want to die on my own terms.” – Brittany Maynard
16. “There’s a big difference, I discovered, between wanting to die and not wanting to live. When you want to die, you at least have a goal. When you don’t want to live, you’re really just empty.” – Marilyn Manson
Comforting Sad I Wanna Die Quotes
Sad quotes, depression quotes, and unrequited love quotes can offer you comfort in your time of suffering. Check the following sad I wanna die quotes out:
1. “I smile. I try. But truth is, I want to die.”
2. “I go home, I cry, and I want to die.”
3. “Everyone hates me and I want to die.”
4. “God, I want to die in you.” – Katy Evans
5. “I just wish I could sleep and not wake up.”
6. “I am not well, I am broken, I want to cry, I want to die.”
7. “I wanted to talk about it. Damn it. I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell. I wanted to yell. I wanted to shout about it. But all I could do was whisper ‘I’m fine’”.
8. “It’s sad really that the only reason I haven’t killed myself yet is because I don’t want to hurt anyone but the reason I want to kill myself is because everyone is hurting me.”
9. “I didn’t want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that’s really sad. It was almost a reverse nightmare you’re so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare.”
10. “I hate the person that I’ve become always sad, always depressed. Now I just want to die…”
11. “I just wanna sleep forever.”
12. “After all, my life is worthless.”
13. “I just feel like, if I die, everything will be ok.”
14. “O starry night, This is how I want to die.” – Anne Sexton.
15. “I feel so unwanted and I just want to die but I’m too depressed to do anything… I just want to disappear into nothingness and not care anymore, I’m tired and done.”
16. “I want to kiss you one more time before I die.” – Cassandra Clare.
17. “All I ever wanted was to be noticed, be talked to, and have friends! Not be that one person that no one remembers was there. Suicide just seemed like the best way to slap them in the face and say “I’m here too!”
18. “I pray to God every night to take my life instead of someone who really wants to live. But I guess I am not good enough because I am still here. I guess I will have to answer my own prayer.”
19. “A lot of you cared, just not enough.” – Jay Asher
20. “I feel myself changing. I don’t laugh the same anymore, I don’t smile the same, or talk the same. I’m just so tired of everything, mentally.”
21. “Suicide is not about dying but to end the pain.”
22. “No one can save me and you know I don’t want the attention.” – A7X
23. “Hey – I can’t live in here for another day. Darkness has kept the light concealed, grim as ever.” – J. Sullivan
24. “’Cause I can’t feel my face, I won’t struggle on in a world so cold, in a world so wrong. I’m not running away, been fighting this so long.” – J. Sullivan, M. Shadows
25. “I talk to God but the sky is empty.” – Sylvia Plath
26. “We’re only here to die.” – J. Sullivan, M. Shadows
27. “I don’t want to die. But I want to be dead.” – Jean Ingelow
28. “No one really cares until something dramatic happens.”
29. “How did I go from that happy little 5 year old to this.”
30. “Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man.” – J. Sullivan
31. “Suicide ends the pain you could never escape from.”
32. “It was not the moment that I decided to commit suicide that terrified me the most. It was the moment when I accepted it; no, embraced it. In that moment, I realized how much I despised living a life I had once loved; and that, that is the saddest thing of all.”
33. “I remember being positive, hyped, friendly. But how did I turn to aggressive, suicidal?”
34. “We live by love, hate, or dream. Lose all of them, then life has no meaning.”
35. “Suicide is a way of telling God, You can’t fire me I quit!” – Bill Maher
36. “My biggest fear is that one day you will see me the way I see myself.”
37. “I tried to tell them. But they just keep laughing at me for wanting it.”
38. “Feeling of leaving the world comes when no one understand our pain, not even our love.”
39. “Most of the time I wish I was dead. I hate myself so much everyday. My thoughts are killing me. I feel lost inside myself. I don’t want to be here anymore. I’m tired of this. I think too much. I’m never okay. I’m always faking a smile. I always care and get hurt. My very own thoughts are suffocating me.”
See also: MentalHealth – Get immediate help
Deep Quotes On Death, Pain, And Suffering
These sad I wanna die quotes are for when things are really bleak.
1. “The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.” – Juliette Lewis
2. “Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice.” – Franz Liszt
3. “Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere.” – Thomas S Szasz
4. “Suicide is the punctuation mark at the end of many artistic careers.” – Kurt Vonnegut Jr
5. “Suicide does not mean there was no killer.”
6. “Suicide is not a blot on anyone’s name; it is a tragedy.” – Kay Redfield Jamison
7. “Nine men in ten are would be suicides.” – Benjamin Franklin
8. “Suicide is the remedy of pain.” – Matt Hartman
9. “All healthy men have thought of their own suicide.” – Albert Camus
10. “No one ever lacks a good reason for suicide.” – Cesare Pavese
11. “No man ever threw away life while it was worth keeping.” – David Hume
12. “Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live.” – Charles Caleb Colton
13. “Self-pity is a sin. It is a form of living suicide.” – Charles J Shields
14. “But in the end one needs more courage to live than to kill himself.”
15. “You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.” – Chuck Palahniuk
16. “To make yourself something less than you can be – that too is a form of suicide.” – Benjamin Lichtenberg
17. “Suicide is not something I owe you or yours.” – Paolo Bacigalupi
18. “People say that suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem, but sometimes that problem isn’t so temporary.”
19. “Suicide is not all that easy a thing to do… to give up your life. What kind of pain compels people to do this? I don’t know what word to use in English… It’s horrifying that a human can be in this condition. What have they provided them with?” – Gulzar
20. “We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire.” – George Sand
21. “Suicide isn’t cowardly, wanna know what’s cowardly? Treating someone so badly that they want to end their life.”
22. “We cut and kill flowers because we think they are beautiful. We cut and kill ourselves because we think we are not.”
23. “But grief makes a monster out of us sometimes . . . and sometimes you say and do things to the people you love that you can’t forgive yourself for.” – Melina Marchetta
24. “People who can put a gun to their head, swallow pills, slit their wrist etc. aren’t cowards, they’re brave in a dark way.”
25. “What doesn’t kill you doesn’t always make you stronger, sometimes all it does is make you wish it did.”
26. “People who are suicidal are angels that want to go back to heaven.”
27. “Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible. Other times pain acts as a compass to help you through the messier tunnels of growing up. But pain can only help you find happiness if you remember it.”
28. “When all of those that you know love you no more, care for you no more, and want you no more, remember that you shall always be welcomed by death.”
29. “Suicide is a word that often has a negative connotation. People think it is a cowardly action and people are only asking for attention. The one thing they don’t realize is how this person was hurt so much that they felt the need to end their life.”
30. “I was born alone and I will die alone. I’ve got to do what’s right for me and not live my life the way anybody else wants it.” – Curtis Jackson
31. “I can die anytime I want. I wish I could do the same with life.” – Henry Rollins
32. “She stopped looking both ways before crossing the street. She stopped wearing her seat-belt in the car, and she stopped counting the pills before she took them. She wasn’t trying to kill herself, but she did stop caring whether or not she lived.”
33. “Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get there!” – B.B. King
34. “I want to die. I must die. Living itself is the source of sin.” – Osamu Dazai
35. “Sometimes I don’t know why, we’d rather live than die. We look up towards the sky, for answers to our lives. We may get some solutions, but most just pass us by.” – A7X
I hope you found this collection of sad I wanna die quotes comforting.
Life can be challenging and sometimes we may feel powerless. We may even feel like it’s time to give up and take our own life.
What’s even more sad is that it’s often our loved ones who can’t see our pain. That hurts us most.
Mental health is extremely important in our lives and it breaks my heart to see how many people underestimate the power of suicidal thoughts.
Our brain is tricky and often works against us.
While physical pain may be obvious to some people, it’s the depressing thoughts that can be invisible to the eye.
You may have a broken heart, feel like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel, hopeless, and powerless, and no one notices it! This is truly heart-breaking.
We suffer. We think it’s time to give up. But we’re not alone.
Remember, life is as hard as it is beautiful. Stay strong my friend.
Until next time!