Have you been searching for some motivational quotes to help you give up certain things or people in your life? If so, this incredible collection of maybe it’s time to give up quotes will motivate you to move on!
Letting go of something or someone we care for is one of the most difficult things to do. But there comes a certain point where you realize that giving up is something you just have to do. And when you finally find the strength to do it, only then do you see quite how hard it is.
This collection of maybe it’s time to give up quotes will remind you that you are not alone. We have all felt the way you do now, and let me just tell you — life goes on, and so do you!
Let these motivational quotes encourage you to realize that giving up doesn’t always mean something bad – on the contrary, it may actually be a huge relief.
Check out my list of maybe it’s time to give up quotes!
Top 30 Maybe It’s Time To Give Up Quotes
Let’s start with my absolute favorite maybe it’s time to give up quotes. Let these famous quotes serve as words of encouragement from well-known people who have been in a similar situation as you. Here are their life quotes on giving up and letting go.
1. “It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.” — Paulo Coelho
2. “Sometimes it’s better to end something and try to start something new than imprison yourself in hoping for the impossible.” — Karen Salmansohn
3. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” — C. Joybell C.
4. “If you’re looking for a happy ending and can’t seem to find one, maybe it’s time you start looking for a new beginning instead…” — Ritu Ghatourey
5. “When you give up on life, never give up on yourself because there is so much for you to keep on giving!” — Oprah Winfrey
6. “I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.” — Gayle Forman
7. “There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you have had enough.” — Joanne Reed
8. “If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can.” — Billy Idol
9. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” ― Mandy Hale
10. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” — Paulo Coehlo
11. “Giving up is always an option, but not always a failure.” — Cameron Conaway
12. “Psychologically, the worst feeling ever is not knowing whether to wait or give up.” — Nitya Prakash
13. “When someone you love says goodbye, you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has opened in front of you.” — Shannon Alder
14. “When you know who matters most to you, giving things up, even yourself, doesn’t really feel like a sacrifice.” — Kiera Cass
15. “In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” — Deepak Chopra
16. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” — Steve Maraboli
17. “It’s okay to give up; however, once you do, remind yourself to get back up.” — Shaa Zainol
18. “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” — Albert Einstein
19. “To truly love is to have the courage to walk away and let the other person who wishes to be free go no matter how much it hurts.” ― Taylor Swift
20. “It is in that moment when you really lay down your cards and see the relationship for what it was, that you’ll find the freedom to kick it in the ass and let it go.” ― Greg Behrendt
21. “Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.” — Melody Beattie
22. “If you never feel like giving up, then your dreams are too small.” — Joel Osteen
23. “Sometimes a door appears in front of you; You keep trying to open it and get in! However, if you give up the door, the road before you suddenly opens!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
24. “The price of anything is the amount of time you exchange for it.”— Henry David Thoreau
25. “Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” — Dave Mustaine
26. “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” — Vince Lombardi
27. “This time, for the first time, I saw the possibilities in giving up. I even found hope in it.” — Jay Asher
28. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
29. “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” — Winston Churchill
30. “Some people are meant to stay put, and some people are meant to go. But running is different than going. When you’re running, you spend the whole time looking over your shoulder. To go forward, you gotta look forward.” — Gretchen Anthony
Maybe It’s Time To Move on Quotes
If you’ve been struggling with something in your life, it can be painful to come to terms with the fact that you have to let it go. Let these maybe it’s time to give up quotes inspire you to make yourself a priority and simply move on.
1. “Sometimes we have to fight for what we love and care about, but sometimes we have to find the strength to let it go.” — Unknown
2. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” — Alyson Noel
3. “There is a time for departure, even when there’s no certain place to go.” — Tennessee Williams
4. “Leave the past behind. It’s time to move on to bigger and better things.” — Unknown
5. “The difference between giving up and knowing when it’s time to stop trying is when you begin to lose yourself, maybe it’s time to let go and realize that. Life goes on.” — Unknown
6. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King Jr
7. “It’s hard to wait around for something you know might never happen, but it’s even harder to give up when you think it’s everything you want.” — Unknown
8. “You think you can change a guy, that he’ll be different with you, that you’ll finally be the one to tame him… and before you know it, you’re alone in your underwear at nine o’clock on a Saturday night, crying to Adele songs, eating ice cream straight from the gallon, and wondering what the hell is the matter with you that you fell for such a goddamned man-child after he explicitly warned you not to.” — Julie Johnson
9. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Herman Hesse
10. “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” — Havelock Ellis
11. “Maybe it’s time to leave it all behind.” — Unknown
12. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
13. “Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” — Douglas Adams
14. “She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten. That even as she hesitates and wavers, even as she thinks too much and moves too cautiously, she doesn’t always have to get it right. It’s okay to look back, even as you move forward.” — Jennifer E. Smith
15. “You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.” — Marta Mrotek
16. “When you live in the past more than the present, maybe it’s time to give up.” — Unknown
17. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
18. “There’s a trick to the ‘graceful exit.’ It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, or a relationship is over – and let it go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its validity or its past importance to our lives. It involves a sense of future, a belief that every exit line is an entry, that we are moving up rather than out.” — Ellen Goodman
19. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up, but you don’t give up.” — Chuck Yeager
20. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.” ― Jeffrey McDaniel
Maybe It’s Time To Give Up Relationship Quotes
If you’ve been feeling stuck in a relationship that is no longer good for you, you’ll find the following maybe it’s time to give up quotes super relatable. These love quotes will inspire you to keep going when times are tough.
1. “I believe in fighting for a relationship, but when you’re fighting alone, it’s not a relationship anymore…”
2. “One bad relationship could make you never fall in love again. So if you are in an unhealthy relationship, then maybe it’s time to give up.”
3. “Maybe it’s time for the fighter to be fought for, for the holder to be held, and for the lover to be loved.”
4. “And maybe a happy ending doesn’t include a guy, maybe it’s you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is just moving on.”
5. “Quit that joy that makes you unhappy. Leave that relationship that’s draining you. Excommunicate all of those who don’t elevate you.”
6. “She’s standing on a line between giving up and seeing how much more she can take.”
7. “If you put someone at the top of your priority list and they put you at the bottom of theirs, maybe it’s time to get out your eraser.”
8. “I’m letting go. You let go a long time ago, and I realize that it is time for me to do the same.”
9. “If you’re constantly having to wonder where you stand with someone, maybe it’s time to stop standing and start walking.”
10. “There is no safe way to remain in an abusive relationship with a person who has no conscience. The only solution is to escape.”
11. “It’s confusing when you can’t determine if the signs are for you to give up or just a test to see how long you could hold on.”
12. “I give him so many chances to show me I’m a priority. I think it’s time to realize I’m not.”
13. “I’m giving up on love. Maybe this love thing is not for me. There are some parts of it that make me lose my head, and I’m not sure I’m ready to keep complaining.”
14. “Maybe it’s time to give up when the relationship brings you more pain than joy.”
15. “We should fight for our relationships, but if fighting means ripping yourself to shreds and piggybacking all his demons, you need to leave.”
Never Give Up Quotes
In life, you have to give up everything that hurts you, no matter how hard it might be. The only thing you should never give up is your decision to move on with your life after leaving hurtful situations behind.
Here are some giving up time quotes to help you pick yourself up when you feel broken.
1. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison
2. “People say “never give up” but sometimes giving up is the best option because you realize you’re wasting your time.” — Unknown
3. “Don’t ever give up. Don’t ever give in. Don’t ever stop trying. Don’t ever sell out. And if you find yourself succumbing to one of the above for a brief moment, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, whisper a prayer, and start where you left off. But never, ever, ever give up.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
4. “If you don’t have a passion, you’ll give up.” — Steve Jobs
5. “I always had this idea that you should never give up a happy middle in the hopes of a happy ending because there is no such thing as a happy ending. Do you know what I mean? There is so much to lose.” — John Green
6. “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it away from you.” — Mark Cuban
7. “Sometimes, holding on does more damage than letting go.” — Unknown
8. “Never give up, and never give in. The truth always finds a way to be told.” — Shannon L. Alder
9. “The world is a goddamned evil place, the strong prey on the weak, the rich on the poor; I’ve given up hope that there is a God that will save us all. How am I supposed to believe that there’s a heaven and a hell when all I see now is hell.” — Aaron B. Powell
10. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
11. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” — Tim Notke
12. “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton
13. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” — Elbert Hubbard
14. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
15. “Don’t quit. Never give up trying to build the world you can see, even if others can’t see it. Listen to your drum and your drum only. It’s the one that makes the sweetest sound.” — Simon Sinek
16. “Never, ever, ever give up! Chances are if you feel like giving up, you’re right on the edge of your breakthrough.” — Mandy Hale
17. “You just never give up. You do a task to the best of your abilities and beyond.” — Debbie Reynolds
18. “You should never give up your inner self.” — Clint Eastwood
19. “A man is like a novel: until the very last page, you don’t know how it will end. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be worth reading.” — Yevgeny Zamyatin
20. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightingale
Maybe It’s Time To Give Up Inspirational Quotes
There are many people who have been in your shoes. Their inspirational quotes about giving up will assure you that you are not alone in this battle.
1. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” — Denis Waitley
2. “Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.” — Unknown
3. “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve or would’ve happened…, or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.” — Tupac Shakur
4. “Even if our life circumstances take a while to reflect our inner decisions, once decisions are made, everything in our life will move in the direction of aligning with that.” — Donna Goddard
5. “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you and find something better in your future.” — Jodi Picoult
6. “There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.” — Unknown
7. “In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain the old pain.” — Mary Manin Morrissey
8. “Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.” — Unknown
9. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” — Nicholas Sparks
10. “Note to self: Nobody is worth stressing over. Move on. It’s ok to leave people behind. Go find yourself. The world is yours. Life goes on.” — Unknown
11. “You need to have faith in yourself. Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” — Roy T. Bennett
12. “One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.” — Unknown
13. “Maybe life isn’t about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it’s about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it.” — Unknown
14. “I let it go. It’s like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After a while, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home.” — Joanne Harris
15. “If you can’t do anything about it, then let it go. Don’t be a prisoner to things you can’t change.” — Tony Gaskins
I hope you liked my collection of maybe it’s time to give up quotes and found them relatable.
I know it’s hard to give something or someone in your life up, but if it will bring you relief, it’s definitely worth it.
Until next time!