We’re just humans, and it’s okay if we’re not okay all the time.
In this article, you’ll find a collection of 50 genius it’s okay to not be okay quotes to inspire you and keep you going, even if you don’t feel like it at all!
If you’re going through some bad days at the moment, this article will offer plenty of inspirational quotes to help you accept your vulnerability and fragility.
You don’t have to be strong and tough all the time. Sometimes you’re emotionally tired and broken, and you need rest. And that’s perfectly fine!
It’s important to be gentle on yourself and cultivate self-love during the times you are at your lowest. Who’s gonna love you if not you?
Stick with me to the end, and you’ll discover a bunch of truly inspirational it’s okay to not be okay quotes to help you stay positive during your not-so-great times.
If you’re a fan of the Netflix Kdrama “It’s okay to not be okay”, you’ll be thrilled to learn that I also included some of the most memorable quotes from that series.
Let’s take a look!
Top 10 It’s Okay To Not Be Okay Quotes
Let’s start off with my absolute favorite it’s okay to not be okay quotes. Check them out!
1. “It’s okay, you know? It’s okay to be you. It’s okay to just not be okay. It’s okay to not be okay.” — Kristen Stewart
2. “I’m of the opinion that it’s okay to be silent, to not speak if you don’t have anything to say.” — Cate Blanchett
3. “I’m done being someone who’s needed by others” — Kim Soo-Hyun (Moon Gang-Tae)
4. “Don’t be stubborn when things don’t work out. You need to learn to try other things.” — Moon Sang-Tae
5. “It’s okay to not know completely what you want or what you should be doing and to stumble a little bit.” — Milo
6. “It’s ok not to be okay, but it’s not okay to stay that way.” — Perry Noble
7. “It’s okay to fail, it’s not okay to quit.” — Chris Gardner
8. “It’s completely Self Empowering to say: “I am not ok & that’s ok!” ― Somya Kedia
9. “It’s okay to grow, it’s okay to change. But it’s not okay not to recognize each change for what it is.” — Oscar Auliq Ice
10. “It’s ok to be fragile, it’s ok to be weak, it’s ok not to be ok. Be gentle to yourself, love yourself, even when you’re not yourself.” — Kirsten Hill
It’s Okay Not To Be Okay Mental Health Quotes
Next up is a collection of it’s okay to not be okay quotes that will help you stay positive and fight depression.
1. “Finally understanding it’s ok to cry. It’s ok not to be strong. It’s ok to not know the answers to all of your questions.” — unknown
2. “It’s healthy to admit you’re not ok. ‘It’s ok not to be ok’ it’s brave. But don’t let it win. Be sad. Have your moment, your day, or week. Then do something about it and be happy. For yourself.” — Jessie J
3. “A fairy tale isn’t a hallucinogen that gives us hopes and dreams. It’s a stimulant that makes us face reality.” — Moon Gang-Tae
4. “If you want to make people around you happy, you have to find your own happiness first. Being selfish isn’t always a bad thing. Try to only think about your happiness when things are too stressful. It’s okay to do that.” — Seo Ye Ji (Ko Mun Yeong)
5. “It’s okay to not know everything, but it’s not okay not trying to learn something.” — Jerry Lolandes
6. “I’m just trying to illustrate that it’s okay to be different – not that it’s good, not that it’s bad, but that it’s alright. I’m trying to tell kids to have a good time and to encourage them to be creative and to question things.” — Paul Reubens
7. “I’m not sure why I’ve decided to do this. I’m not any stronger than I was, and nothing else has changed. But all the same, this time, I will not run away. It’s okay to feel weak sometimes. It’s okay to be afraid. The important thing is that we face our fears. That’s what makes us strong.” — Yuki–Natsuki Takaya
8. “In times of stress, it’s okay to not be perfect. It’s okay to cut yourself some slack. Because right now, you might not be your best self. But you are growing, and you are trying your best, and that is good enough.” — Ashley Hetherington
9. “I’m okay with who I am. You might not understand me. That’s okay as I don’t understand you. We can still be friends, we just have to accept our differences.” — Tina J. Richardson
10. “As for wondering if it’s okay to be who you are – that’s not a symptom of mental illness. That’s a symptom of being a person.” — Jeff Garvin
11. “It’s okay to be successful, and it’s also okay to be happy with your success even though it might not be easy.” — Brooke Shields
12. “It’s okay. It may not seem like it right now, but you are going to be fine. I know it’s scary, but don’t be afraid. You are who you are, and you should love that person, and I don’t want anyone to have to go through 22 years of their life afraid to accept that.” — Connor Franta
13. “Trying again is okay. Trying again and again and again is okay. It’s sort of an infinite thing because the alternative is a failure, and that’s not okay.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
14. “So, okay, I’m not a genius. Vincent Van Gogh and Albert Einstein were geniuses.” — Bonnie Bassler
15. “I’m not perfect. And I don’t have to be. I can figure it out as I go, and as long as I do the best I can, it’s okay if I still screw up.” – Melissa Darnell
16. “It’s okay to not be okay all the time.” — unknown
17. “Sometimes I’m not always doing amazing, but it’s okay … because everyone struggles and it’s okay to be flawed because that’s what makes me … Me.” — Demi Lovato
18. “Nobody tells young writers it’s okay if you’re not very good, you’ll get better. So I just thought I was not very good, so I should try to do every other thing besides writing. That’s how I ended up being a hitchhiker, a world traveler, and a mathematician.” — Bonnie Jo Campbell
19. “And just because your life isn’t as awful as someone else’s, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck. You can’t compare how you feel to the way other people feel. It just doesn’t work. What might look like the perfect life – or even an okay life – to you might not be so okay for the person living it.” — Michael Thomas Ford
20. “It’s okay not to be okay. It doesn’t mean you’re broken. It means you’re strong enough to endure the hard times.”
Motivational Quotes About Not Being Okay
Last, but not least, I prepared some motivational it’s okay to not be okay quotes that hit hard! Take a look!
1. “It’s okay to not be okay as long as you’re not giving up.” — unknown
2. “You don’t need to try so hard. Just relax and be yourself. That’s the real Moon Sang-Tae.” — Korean drama “It’s okay to not be okay”
3. “The first step is always the hardest. But once you take the first step, things will get easier from then on.” — unknown
4. “Hurtful, painful memories. Only those with such memories buried in their hearts can become stronger, more passionate, and emotionally flexible. And only those can attain happiness.” — Koo Moon Young
5. “It’s hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he’s okay. It’s hard to be the one who stays behind.” — Audrey Niffenegger
6. “It’s fine to be able to stand on your own, admirable, but I think you also need to prove to yourself that it’s okay if you don’t have to. That it’s okay to choose not to be alone. To choose to let someone support you, emotionally and otherwise.” — T.L. Haddix
7. “If something isn’t working out in one aspect of my career, it’s not any big neurotic, crazy phase for me, it’s just something that I accept, and that’s okay. I’m not going to keep banging my head against the wall.” — Irene Cara
8. “If you are at first lonely, be patient. If you’ve not been alone much, or if when you were, you weren’t okay with it, then just wait. You’ll find it’s fine to be alone once you’re embracing it.” — Tanya Davis
9. “Don’t be so hard on yourself,” I try to tell him. “It’s nothing to be ashamed of.” But he’s not listening, and I’m wondering when I became a motivational speaker. When I made the switch from hating myself to accepting myself. When it became okay for me to choose my own life.” — Tahereh Mafi
10. “My life is exactly what it’s meant to be, and I’m okay. I’m. Okay. Those two words, yeah, they mean a lot to me. I’m not perfect, I’m not completely healed, but I’m okay. I’ll take it.” — Ashley Beale
11. “It’s all going to be okay. She would like to hear that now, even if it was a lie. Because some lies are beautiful. Stories do not tell you that.” — Anne Ursu
12. “I decide what character I am. I allow myself to become another person. Because if I’m just Stephanie, I’m not comfortable. When I have to jump and do all these things, I feel so silly, but if you become someone else, it’s okay.” — Stephanie Seymour
13. “I know I’m not Freddie Mercury or Ann Wilson, and that’s okay. You don’t have to be a great singer to sing rock and roll. That’s not what it’s about.” — Taylor Hawkins
14. “Occasionally, as a normal human being, it’s okay not to be okay because being okay most of the time is not okay.” ― Danny Castillones Sillada
15. “I’m not okay, you’re not okay, and that’s okay.” — William Sloane Coffin
16. “I’m sorry, okay, I’m not perfect, but I’m trying.” — Sara Shepard
17. “I try to create an environment where it’s okay to make a mistake, though it’s not okay to be unfocused or come in unprepared. I’m challenging and demanding but very patient. I don’t tell you how to get there, and I don’t show you what to do, though I’ll ask leading questions.” — Ruben Santiago-Hudson
18. “Some days I’m okay, someday I’m not.” — Derek Parra
19. “But we have to learn to be free. We have to, Nell. Doesn’t mean happy all the time or okay all the time. It’s okay not to be okay. I told you that, but I’m relearning it myself. But not being okay doesn’t mean you stop living.”— Jasinda Wilder
20. “Okay, enough self-pity. I’m not doomed. Things will just be harder than planned. I have all I need to survive.” — Andy Weir
That was all for today’s article. I hope you enjoyed it, and found the it’s okay to not be okay quotes I picked inspirational.
Until next time!